washer jets packed up

Currently reading:
washer jets packed up

A

Andy1.6hlx

bloody washer jets have packed up on me, have checked the fuse and it's fine. they were working this morning, then started getting really feeble and have now stopped altogether and have filled up the fluid and nothing, anyone know what the problem could be?

jets

Heya, can you still here a whining noise that the motor makes when squirting? If you do then its likely a hose has popped off or split. Most likely under bonnett cover. If you cant hear any noise then a new motor is needed bud.

probably new motor then :(
how much are they? and how easy are they to replace?

how do you remove the existing washers... i tried this morning and im not sure how they're held in :S

plus i don't know where to find any replacements, has anyone gone a set of front and rear pumps?

For the pump removal, just take the connector off the pump in front of the reservoir and then just lift the pump upwards.
Jets - remove the fabric on the inner side of the bonnet, locate the jets, press the left and right clip on the jet and push the jet out of the hole on the bonnet - remove the pipes from it.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

there appear to be 2 pumps next to each other, one slightly bigger than the other, seems a bit strange they've both packed up together... :(

The pump on nearer to the offside is for the Headlights this only operates when the head lights are switch on... the pump on the right nearer the engine is for the jets, i have feeble jets at the moment are i think its a pipe leak cus i can hear the pump working fine but not much spray.....

P010810_075601.jpg

washerjets

it motor workin get a pin and chech jets on bonnet not blocked add2dothis with mine

i have just replaced the washer motor, still nothing :( and the fuse is fine too, i'm really stumped as to what it is now... any other ideas?

It could be just the outside temperature causing it as last night mine stopped working all the time it was below 0c as the jets freeze up

nah it's not that mate, it weren't freezing when they packed up, they randomly stopped during the day one day when it was mild the other week. there's no whining noise, have checked the fuse and replaced the motor, not really sure what else it could be...

Pressure to Jets

Just a thought, if you follow the tube along the bonnet, there may be a plastic t-piece to feed both jets. There is a rubber membrane inside this, and this may have perished. If so, cutting
the same shape from a pair of kitchen gloves and replacing it may do the trick.

i replaced the motor for £6 from ebay and it's absolutely fine now