General Washer Jets and Back Wiper Motor

Currently reading:
General Washer Jets and Back Wiper Motor

Charlie900

Hi

Can any body tell me how to access the back wiper motor on the boot and how to change it! Every time i turn it on i hear a clicking noise and it doesnt move! So i am going to buy a new motor but i dont know how to access it and change it! Also the wiper jets on the back arnt working! I think they may be blocked? any advice on how to unblock them???

Thanks

Charlie

both problems are very common. the rear washer pipe comes off, and then squirts water on the motor. if you open the hatch you can remove the plastic panel (screwed on), then the motor behind it. fit a scrapyard replacment, or try to grease your original motor to se if you can get it working. glue the washer pipe back in place to stop it happening again.

if you need more info do a search, there are hundreds of previous threads about this problem.

Last edited:
The clicking noise is common on bravas, i know someone who had this problem on an early brava, and it has happened on my 2001 model. The clicking is the dodgy conntections on the boot. Dont know if you can replace the little metal bits or what.

As far as i know, the motor for the front and back are the same peice.

I'm still a n00b with cars though.

Hi Guys, NEWBIE Just purchased a 2000 Multipla 1600 SX, guess what Rear wiper not workiing also washer not working, New motor from Fiat £108 + VAT, ebay £30 if I buy a Brava one which only sweeps 135 degrees, found a thread from andyakashrek describing removing motor and stripping down. the main shaft seizes into the plastic outer, I followed this advice stripped and greased, replaced pipe into housing and all is now well THANKS FOR THE HELP

Back