Wash wipe

Currently reading:
Wash wipe

N

Neil

Hi
Just picked up my HGT 155 today.
Great car, but afew problems:

Front & rear window wash wipe does not appear to work.
When I pull stalk back, absolutely nothing happens.
When I push it forward, the rear wiper works once, but no signs of water.
I have filled up the water bottle.
Should the windscreen wiper activate when stalk pulled back or is it purely a wash function.
I suspect the electronic pump must be U/S.
If so, i'm hoping it's covered under the 30 day warranty I got with the car - as a safety issue!!

Also, gear lever seems to squeek when moved.
Not a big problem, but abit annoying.

Lastly, where should the CD auto changer be fitted in the HGT 155.

Thanks for reading

Neil

If you hear the pump working when you pull the stalk back then its not the pump and more likely the hose has come off.

If you use the rear washer jet for about 10 sec and then go open the boot, you will prob find washer fluid on the plastic in the boot, if you do the pipe has come off that as well.

The CD Changer can be found in the boot or under the rear seats. Thats if it came with one.

As for Gearbox squeek, i tried WD40 and grease still nothing, i guess its the linkages from under the car to the engine somewhere.

J

Hi
No noise what so ever when stalk pulled back!!
I guess pump is U/S.

Am just going to check under rear seats.
Some hope!!!

I'm having the same problem with my windscreen washer, it makes the noise but hardly any water comes out, just a pathetic dribble..( and yes there is water in the tank!!) is it just a lose hose???
and how much to fix it??

Heather

Get a very narrow pin, and poke the washer jet holes on the bonnet. I think theres three or four holes per washer jet.

Simple fix if you do it your self, just be patient, keep cleaning the holes out.

J