General Warranty affected?

Currently reading:
General Warranty affected?

gex18

Established member
Hi there, i have a mk2 punto HGT and am getting a powerflow backbox fitted on saturday, however the car is covered by a 5* RAC warranty until november, do you think it will void the warranty?

Cheers

Anthony

Its an excuse for them not to honour it, though the exhausts probaly not covered, but they could say your new exhaust runs hotter than standard and blah blah the usual bs.

Oh well warrany runs out in november anyway, and form what ive heard hgts suffer from few problems (touch wood), so hopefully no probs will arise. Worried about two things tho - will it f**k with ecu, and hope it does not catch on rear beam, reckon i will get any of the above probs? Also how low are the HGTs standard? As mine seems fairly low, got red srpings on, are the standard springs red? Whats approx distance from front / rear arch to tyre wall?

Last edited:
gex18 said:
Oh well warrany runs out in november anyway, and form what ive heard hgts suffer from few problems (touch wood), so hopefully no probs will arise. Worried about two things tho - will it f**k with ecu, and hope it does not catch on rear beam, reckon i will get any of the above probs? Also how low are the HGTs standard? As mine seems fairly low, got red srpings on, are the standard springs red? Whats approx distance from front / rear arch to tyre wall?
red spings are standered check the colour of shocks

Back