Technical Warning Triangle with ! Inset

Currently reading:
Technical Warning Triangle with ! Inset

lee159

Hello All,

My wife's latest panic...if someone could offer an explanation please? The warning light (triangle with inset !) is showing on the dash. No other indications present and the car is running ok. It is a 2013 500c with 44k on the clock, petrol and manual. Last serviced at 40k, fluids are all good and everything seems to be working, including the rear parking sensors.
Could this just be an oil change required indicator? The car is used most days for a 7 mile commute to work and longer runs at weekends.
Will an ODB determine the cause of the warning light?
If I was to do an oil change, would the warning triangle clear on its own or would I need Fiat to clear it on my behalf?

Thanks all!

Lee159

As Chris says, the display should explain the warning when the car is started, and then just leave the warning light illuminated. If it doesn't (which would be weird), then yes a generic OBD reader may be able to tell you what the ECU is seeing, MultiECUScan absolutely will be able to tell you though.
If you don't want to invest, let us know whereabouts in the country you are and one of us with MES may be able to have a look :)

Back