Warning lights 500X 2015

Currently reading:
Warning lights 500X 2015

HMCB8

Hi everyone hope someone maybe just give a bit of help/advice, bought a 2015 500X multi jet in feb 2022 last week my check parking or electric break light came up (it’s booked in this Thursday to get looked at by the dealer) this evening my check engine light also appeared along with drive mode unavailable and stop start unavailable. Any one ever had these? Hoping it’s something and nothing. From I’ve had the car my DPF filter cleaning keep vehicle moving have also come up about 4/5 times from I’ve got the car?

I dont know the car but these issues are very common and usually not much of an issue to fix. Battery, its main earth are usually the root of the problem.

These computerised cars are a pain in the rear end. Its often not anything to do with the stated cause of the warning light. I used to have a golf and it was intent on getting pinched. It used to refuse to close its drivers window. Regular as clockwork I had to do the dance. My Bravo used to open windows, usually in very hot weather. Sometimes all of them but often just the front near side. In the end I decided to first give it a good talking to and then shout at it. Shouting used to work best..... It didnt do it for a coiuple of years after that!

Anyway I am sure its nothing major and also they will have seen it before so with a little luck it will soon be resolved. There are a lot of sensors on these things and of course they all link. Sometimes I get dizzy fits from a Panda if I stall it on a hill. These resolve if switched off and on.

With a 2015 car after lack of use in the Pandemic it may very well just be a failing battery due to previous lack of use. In which case its an easy fix for the dealer. There is software and cables available from Gendan.co.uk that is very simple to use with a lap top for diagnosis. It is very very useful for identifying issues and get pointers on what to do. If you are mechanically minded and keeping the car its well worth the investment.

Hi everyone hope someone maybe just give a bit of help/advice, bought a 2015 500X multi jet in feb 2022 last week my check parking or electric break light came up (it’s booked in this Thursday to get looked at by the dealer) this evening my check engine light also appeared along with drive mode unavailable and stop start unavailable. Any one ever had these? Hoping it’s something and nothing. From I’ve had the car my DPF filter cleaning keep vehicle moving have also come up about 4/5 times from I’ve got the car?
I'm having the same issues now, how did you rectify the problem?

I'm having the same issues now, how did you rectify the problem?
Hi it ended up being the clutch switch pedal or pedal switch I can’t remember what way around it goes but I was told it’s not an easy problem to find apparently thankfully it was covered under my warranty

Oh ok, thats something to start looking into then. Thanks.

I've been reading all other comments regarding this fault and its quite a large range of potential issues. Mines still driveable thankfully but for how long is the big question.

Back