front.JPG

*warning French content inside*

Introduction

Well since im doing over 100 ish miles a day back and forward to work ,.. and doing it in a lowered Cinq was fun but its going off the road end of this month so i bought a 306 derv ......
pictures from the advert
sorry @blu73 i didnt see you had replyed mate , I only started doing this feley thing Last monday on the 4.2.13, and here is the Fuel useage ,

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/jatkinson/306

on £10 fill ups

• £18.06 Avg. Price/Fuel-up
  • £0.142 Avg. Price/Mile
  • £180.62 Total Spent

• 1,129.0 All Time Total Miles Tracked
  • 46.2 (-2.9) avg UK MPG

• so hopefully my MPG will be going back up as i had a sticky rear brake for the last 3 fill ups ( over 300 miles ..

had quite bad derv knock about 2k onwards up to 3k .. so went to scrap yard and seen a hdi lump in a 308 and it looked almost brand new under the bonnet so "borrowed" 2 injectors will get the outher 2 next time im in there

put the Two injectors in my car ( i diagnosed cyl 1) was makeing the most knocking noise so i did cyl 1 and 4 ,, Went for a Lap of town , got a mile away from home give the throttle a little tickel , *engine management lite came on* engine started knocking like MAAAAD..... got it home it was Smokeing out the exhaust like silly amounts , black reek on tick over Little rev it would rev limmet at 1.5 k , and big clouds of reek .

Turned off , checked that the plugs were on right , all seemed ok , started back up fine and dandy ( still managment lite on :( ) but no more loud diesel knock , just hope it dosnt drink fuel with the light being on

i don't know much about diesels but i know on the jtdm in the alfa you can't just swap injectors about -something about a serial number and telling the ecu something about the injectors for them to work properly - no idea why this is and why it was not made so the ecu could just read the info it wants off a chip or something on the injector but i have a tappy injector and its so annoying - i'm gonna whip them out at some point at stick them in my sonic bath - hopefully that will sort mine out.

Also the plugs won't make any difference to the cars running, they only used for starting ;) I know some modern ones don't even warm the plugs up unless its under a certain air temperature

Back