Technical Warning brake hose

Currently reading:
Technical Warning brake hose

Over the last couple of days the brakes started to stick, I checked the caliper on the o/s as that wheel was getting warmer than the rest. The caliper wouldn't budge so removed the pads and pressed the brake pedal to help free it, it was solid stuck. I then noticed that the brake hose had balooned to almost 3 times it's size. I ordered a new caliper and hose.

As soon as I released the bleed nipple the caliper piston was easilly pushed back and therefore fine.

Seems the hose broke down inside and wouldn't allow the fluid to return, never heard of that before but since found it is a common fault with ford but not fiat.

So before ordering expensive new parts check the hose first. It now drives perfectly.

Over the last couple of days the brakes started to stick, I checked the caliper on the o/s as that wheel was getting warmer than the rest. The caliper wouldn't budge so removed the pads and pressed the brake pedal to help free it, it was solid stuck. I then noticed that the brake hose had balooned to almost 3 times it's size. I ordered a new caliper and hose.

As soon as I released the bleed nipple the caliper piston was easilly pushed back and therefore fine.

Seems the hose broke down inside and wouldn't allow the fluid to return, never heard of that before but since found it is a common fault with ford but not fiat.

So before ordering expensive new parts check the hose first. It now drives perfectly.

Thanks Alan for the warning, I had this exact issue on a 1969 VW Beetle, the pipes corroded from inside, when I cut through the pipe there was an aperture the size of a pin through the middle....................

Back