General wanted mk2 uno rear speakers

Currently reading:
General wanted mk2 uno rear speakers

The Sultan

Bravo 1.8 HLX FTW
realy want a pair of speakers for the rear of my uno and no i dont want to cut big holes in the parsell shelf i want the factory ones cos the front to alone just dont quite cut it

the uno start ie wasent fitted with them but the screw holes are their

if anyone has any they could give me an email thanks(y)

Just buy any four-inch speakers. The more you pay, the better you get. Top brands like Infinity, JBL etc. usually sound best. I'd expect to get these for about 40-50 pounds the pair (if I was in England).

There are some surprises to be had at the bottom end of the range. Some will actually be quieter than old-style paper-cone speakers; don't assume that just because it's a poly-cone it will sound great - the sensitivity of some cheap speakers is really poor. Also the tweeter (mounted co-axially) is often too brassy and 'bright' in its sound. Or, you may be lucky with a cheap pair - I get surprising bass out of a pair that retail for the equivalent of 8 pounds... but they're a 'shop brand' you wouldn't have in the UK.

A reasonable budget brand choice would be red Sony XPlod dual-cone (yes, *dual cone* that nobody wants!) speakers, the type without the tweeter at all, assuming that you have good speakers up front. Price about 15 pounds/pair. Remember to cut the mounting screws down or they'll poke straight through the top of the shelf supports :)

Most speakers will come with wires that will need extending. Often the wires will be ridiculously thin; you may like to upgrade these with 'average' speaker wire bought at Maplins etc. for about 30p/metre. The Uno is easy to hide wires in - remove the side carpet holders, remove the rear shelf supports, thread the wires behind the side trims inside the boot.

-Alex

Last edited:
the front speakers are stock and before i got the car someone had already run some wires to the back and cut some big holes in the parcell shelf but when i got it he took them out and left the wires

all i want is some stock speakers as all i have is the original fiat/grundig casete player and a casete with a lead on it for my mp3 player so i'm not looking for sound quality as you can imagine

but 2 rear speakers whould mean i dont have to turn it up so much when i'm listerning to pink floyd also stock speakers whould have the advantage of being easy to screw straight on

but thanks for the advice
if i cant find any cheap i might just see how much they are on the fiat parts film as i work in a fiat dealership

OK, well the Uno didn't leave the factory with any rear speakers, so any that are 'stock' will have been stuck in at the dealership. I admire your quest, but I know that any 4" speaker will fit. :)

I think you're doing the right thing by not putting speakers in the parcel shelf - they're a pain when you need to take the shelf out (to carry big loads, which is what the Uno is so useful for), and also the type of speakers normally mounted in the shelf (6x9s) produce too much sound for the back of the car and need a more solid mounting anyway.

-Alex

well mabey ill fink about some after market 4" speakers now i know they will fit all depends on the price from fiat i havent had a chance to look on the parts film yet

this is my first car and i'm just trying to maintain its second hand value so i can get something beter in the future considering i got i for free and all it wanted was a fuel pump i'm not doing to badly also it had new fuel filter air filter throtle body plugs injector leads coil ecu before the garage gave up and gave me it :D

yeah 4" are pretty outdated nowadays and they're all quite cheap.. might aswell just get some jensen's, i put those in my previous 45 and they work great for cheap speakers, they're suprisingly good quality, the sound is a bit tinny if cranked.

Back