General Waiting.......

Currently reading:
General Waiting.......

Westwardbound

I finally took the plunge and ordered a 100HP yesterday in grey with airbags. I haven't got a delivery date yet - I'm hoping for a call from the dealer tomorrow. Apparently there are none in this spec around so it could be as long as 12 weeks for a factory build. Or less if there is one in transit.

Any views or experiences on how long I might wait? And when the wait is over, what should I look for when I come to collect?

rambyuk

Ordered ours early Sept, still waiting (stage 35), still no ETA.

I'm suspecting it's the Fiat 500 causing a slow down of build times, hoping they haven't just slapped it together as a result :/

Lippy

I can't find a dealer to take a test drive, all have sold their last remaining stock and are waiting for more, I suspect the 500 has something to do with it. I'm waiting until they have a few on their forecourt before haggling hard on price.

ramby - did you get a good deal? Yours sounds similar to my intended spec - airbags, uprated sounds system in new oreleans or electro grey

rambyuk

Lippy - did I get a good deal? Not if I look about the Internet (pre-reg's etc), but that's my fault. Got it for 10, dealer I've used for years, on 0% finance deal, changing from our 0% finance deal on the 1.2. Effectively it put up our monthly payments by about 80 quid, so I'm 'happy' with the deal.

Anyway it'll be black :)

HP

I was only doing 80...
If you've got 0% finance, you've effectively saved yourself a good chunk there - don't be dismayed!

rbrian

Panda Sporting
If you've got 0% finance, you've effectively saved yourself a good chunk there - don't be dismayed!

Yeahbutnobutyeahbutnobutyeahbutno...

0% on £10,000 over 3 years - total amount payable, £10,000

7% on £8,000 over 3 years - total amount payable, £8,259

ThisBitterPill

Ink Slinger
I think £8K x 3 yrs @ 7% APR is about £9,800...

We paid £8555 for a brand new EG 100hp (not pre-reg'd)....I don't think they would have given us 0% on that though....

Last edited:

rbrian

Panda Sporting
Compound interest is tricky, isn't it? I used an online calculator to work it out, but it did seem a bit low. Here are some genuine figures:

I paid £672 interest on a £5000 loan over 3 years, used with tradein to pay £6995 for my Sporting - I could have had 0%, but only on the full price of £8995 - so I saved £1328 by getting my own loan.

OP
OP
W

Westwardbound

Thanks for the replies. The dealer rang me today with an update. It's now definitely a factory order, with delivery estimated as 8 - 10 weeks. So a late or very late Christmas present I suppose!

rambyuk

Yeah ouch!

(But had 3 years servicing for £165 negotiated in as well, forgot about that.)

calvjones

I'm waiting too... just ordered a 1.2 Eleganza & went new cos I wanted the airbags & needed dualogic. £8200 inc the woofer. A £500 premium over a broker, but its a local dealer who has been with FIAT for 10yrs and they let me test drive it extensively & were pretty laid back.

Money isn't everything y'know!

OP
OP
W

Westwardbound

Still waiting...... and no news. I have marked in the diary the likely delivery window (8 - 22 Jan) and read this month's Evo long term test report (the last). What else to do to kill time? Other than search this forum for useful tips of course. But I am pleased that others are waiting too - sort of shares the pain!

rambyuk

Well, I'm pleased to say that we picked up our metallic black 100hp today. :) I'm sorry you still have to wait :(

No problems with it, nothing mechanical nor cosmetic that I'm not happy with. Not pushing it for the next 1000 miles. It seems better built than the 1.2 Dynamic - but that could be psychological :p

Good luck

LR90

Ordered my multijet back end of September with an anticipated wait of 6-8 weeks. Fingers crossed I should see it soon though having been to Italy twice in the interim I'm thinking maybe I should have bought one there.

OP
OP
W

Westwardbound

and still waiting... but good news today. It's in the country with an ETA of about a week. I visit the dealer on Monday to sort out the paperwork.

Once it arrives I'm thinking about fitting a stand-alone sat nav, ideally a Garmin or TomTom. Does anyone have any experience of these in a 100HP ? I'm particularly interested in reception and where you put it (windsceen via suction cup or mounted on an air vent).