General Waiting game for GP!!

Currently reading:
General Waiting game for GP!!

Hi, first post to this site and wanted to share my experiences with my order for Grande Punto and get some thoughts from other members.

I ordered a black 1.3 JTD 16V Dynamic 3dr at the end of Feb with front fogs, CD/MP3 player and Bluetooth as options and was quoted around a 6 week wait. Well, it's now Easter and the car still hasn't arrived, in fact, it hasn't even been built yet! According to the dealer, who have been talking to Fiat logistics it's all down to the introduction of Blue & Me. Surely they could have told me about this weeks ago - judging by other threads ordering a new GP requires the patience of a saint.

I was told yesterday that my car will finally be in production next week but now I've seen on the Fiat website that the 1.4 16V Sporting is available I've decided to change my order and go for that instead. Made me think why pay more for a diesel car, with less sexy alloys, less power, no body kit, less standard equipment etc?! Pricing structure needs to be looked at because I reckon there might be a few others that decide to take the same route as me?

Only thing is the dealer can't give me a date of when the 1.4 16V is going into production so yet more waiting!! Arghhhh! Does anyone know anymore info as the dealer hasn't been very helpful?! Also, is it worth specifying the subwoofer? Anyone have any experience of if it's worth the extra £150 for improvements to the stereo?

I thought the 1.4 16v was avaliable May so not long of wait really.

Delays are a bit of an issue at the moment :eek:
Theres a few reasons for this, huge back order of cars from march, high demand for the cars and a problem with the transporter company that deliver the cars from the docks....

As for the blue&me thats been on the GP sporting from the start but was called by another name. Maybe its more of a hassle to order it for the other models or summit

Good choice of car though :cool:
and welcome to the forum :)

I talked to my dealer and my car is right on schedule. In fact it has been produced and is now in the harbor of Antwerpen-Belgium. I told him about the delays with the GP in the UK and he couldn't understand why because according to him the production of the GP's goes in the desired rate and all delivery times are met. Maybe it is a UK issue?

I reckon Fiat's been taken by surprise by the popularity of the car. I'm really chuffed they've finally got a quality product on their hands but they've still got a lot of work to do on the whole buying experience if they're going to sustain demand. Is customer service that difficult a concept to master??

Anyway, I can't wait to get my hands on the car, been without my 3dr Stilo JTD for nearly 2 months now and although I dont miss it at all, getting lifts everywhere and using public transport is getting me down!

courtster said:
Don't worry guys you can have a go in mine at Brooklands ;)

Stop rubbing it in :D , just because you got yours after only waiting 3 weeks and some of us have been waiting for over 8 weeks:eek:

Just got this response from Fiat Customer Service re: the 1.4 16V arriving in the UK

'Thank you for contacting the Fiat Information Centre.

The new Grande Punto 1.4 16v is currently available to order at all authorised Fiat dealers. As for the arrival date in the U.K. your dealership will be able to ascertain an expected arrival date from Fiat Head Office.'

Useful huh?!

robk77 said:
As for the arrival date in the U.K. your dealership will be able to ascertain an expected arrival date from Fiat Head Office.'

Wanna bet, according to Fiat Head Office mine be on a lorry for the last 14 days but it still aint arrived at the dealers.(n)

i orderd my gp round about the 15th of febuary and i didnt get mine till the last week in march there does seem to be a waiting list when trying to order one

I ordered my GP Sporting in March, and it went on the production line last week.
It appears that Fiat may have been holding back a number of orders in preperation for the latest software update for Blue & Me, as I was informed that mine had been upgrade at the point of production. (Obviously I cant confirm if this is correct or not, just an educated guess). I'd suggest you check with your dealers.

robk77 said:
Made me think why pay more for a diesel car, with less sexy alloys, less power, no body kit, less standard equipment etc?! Pricing structure needs to be looked at because I reckon there might be a few others that decide to take the same route as me?

Probably not, as the 1.3 90bhp m-jet will empty the contents of it's bladder all-over the 1.4 16v in the real world. And it will be more economical in the process :rolleyes:

Well I am still waiting for mine 12 to 13 week lead time I was quoted

but as with everthing Fiat its never straight forward

Ordered a 5 door 1.3 multijet 90bhp in crossover black, fogs and the black/orange interior

This interior was a problem so was promised the car but with blue interior within the month thought OK I'm not that fussed about that.........never happened the blue had already been sold

Then they tried to give me one in another colour different interior and no fogs.... (what is the point of offering people a choice) ....now way

Then plain black with fogs..... Yawn

Then a black three door different interior no fogs... what a 3 door when you have kids FO!!!

Then a black three door with fogs ###!!!!!

Then i told them to get lost and that I was buying a clio

so they eventually decided to try and get the car I wanted...... so.... only two months to go

Sounds like I'm not alone in my long wait then! I'm going to put a rocket up the dealership tomorrow - see if that gets me anywhere... This is the first time I've bought a brand new car and now beginning to wish I hadn't! Still, I've got my heart set on 16V Sporting in black and no other supermini in the class has the same 'want one' factor.

At last, feel like I'm getting somewhere! My Sporting is now ordered and hopefully only 6 weeks to wait as I didnt order any extra equipment.. Got the dealer down to a good price so smiles all round :)

robk77 said:
At last, feel like I'm getting somewhere! My Sporting is now ordered and hopefully only 6 weeks to wait as I didnt order any extra equipment.. Got the dealer down to a good price so smiles all round :)

Excellent news robk, we can trake the Midlands by storm in our black sportings :p

Called dealer today, my 1.4 16V Sporting is in production and I've been told to expect it first/second week in June. Sounds like it might well be one of the first in the UK and hopefully with Blue & Me. This of course I am taking with a pinch of salt, who wants to bet it doesn't arrive when promised??

Back