General Waiting game for GP!!

Currently reading:
General Waiting game for GP!!

Went to dealership to get my car today to be told they hadnt got it. May be next week as fiat had a stocktake so wouldn't let it be delivered. Made a complaint to fiat head office there no use neither . Fuming. Not sure when its coming.

How long have you been waiting?

if i was you melissa i would certainly want some sort of compensation or goodwill gesture from fiat as i think youve had the worst delay out of everyone

15 weeks now, I want big time compensation, the car came off the boat 2 weeks ago . My car is on priority delivery what a joke. Not even got a car I can drive

Last edited:
melissa said:
15 weeks now, I want big time compensation, the car came off the boat 2 weeks ago . My car is on priority delivery what a joke. Not even got a car I can drive

Priorty delivery is a waste of time - Fiat have no concept of delivering a new car in a timely fashion. We were given a delivery date of 22 March, told that the order was to be prioritized so should be here sooner. Actually turned up on the w/e 8 April! Only six weeks later than we were originally promised and about 13 weeks after we ordered (which was before the official launch of the car!) The main excuse for me was Walon not having enough drivers... seems to be a policy of blaming external companies. I told them that they could fly me to Turin and I would drive it back myself, but that never went anywhere!!!!

It is worth the wait though...

not long now fingers crossed end of the month cant wait!! spoke to dealer with my concerns about the wait and they said the delay was caused from the updating of the bluetooth thingy, blue and me. apparently the original system was updated or somthing. he said since the update orders should arrive when stated, but i guess we shall wait and see!!!:confused:

should have arrived today , once again not here
they cant even confirm if its on a transporter:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I guess I was pretty lucky - dealer said 3 months and then said that he would try to find a 1.4 Sporting without the extras and add them when it arrived. Ordered on 17 June and was driving it on 28 June...looks like some dealers really are better than others

Hi

Just got a call from the dealer and my sporting hit uk soil today.
Hopefully picking up on the 24th July..... but from the other posts on here that looks unlikely.

Lee

The last post goes to show the influence of different dealers. I ordered my car at the same time as lwrighty (exactly the same model, different colour)and took delivery nearly 5 weeks ago!

As a dealer it's difficult to exactly pin point a date, you have to be realistic in making sure that you don't say 8 weeks knowing it will be 16; understandably this makes people upset and rightly so. I'm not sure why there's 5 weeks difference, maybe you were fortunate in that there was car in your colour at the factory that had just been built, whereas lwrighty had to wait for one in his colour to be built. It's unfortunate, and ultimately where the customer is concerned the buck stops with the person who sold them the car. For the dealer however, we have customers who are eager to get their car, and we have to do our best to keep that eagerness whilst having to deliver bad news over which we have no control. I have had several customers, who have had to wait longer through no fault of mine. It's a shame that folk are getting upset with the service, hope that the car itself revives the faith because for what you get it's a brilliant vehicle!

Hi

With respect to the dealer and salesman they did say up to 3 months which is when i should be getting it. I come from a dealership back ground (bmw) so i know the problems dealers can face and would say 90% of the time its the manufacturer that lets the dealer down who in turn has to let the customer down.
I'm just eager to get into my car.
So far my experiance with the dealer has been very good and i would recommend them.
I think most of us are just impatient and eager...which of course is understandable!!

Lee

I don't want to sound bad....but I think that all you from uk are paying the "price" for your right hand side wheel......in the case of the GP delivery times...as most of complaints come from uk.

My GP Sporting loaded with extras (leather seats, Skydome, Blue&me, Auto Climate, Subwoofer, etc).....was ordered on end of April and arrived to my dealer on 20th June i.e. abt 2 months. Not bad I would say,.....:slayer:

Alex-R said:
whats the normal waiting time?

Totally dependant on what your order. Options like Sunroof really delay it Blue&Me on models lower than Sporting delay the order also. I really think Italians should stop having sex long enough to make some cars!. I didn't do too badly considering what I ordered:

1.9JTDm Sporting with Skydome, I ordered it 10/04/06 and picked it up 28/06/06. It was perfect timing too I was just about to ring FIAT UK to complain and got a call from Reg Vardy explaining its on the Ship :). To make the wait even better they had installed Cruise Control and Subwoofer that I didn't order!, made me a really happy bunny when I picked it up
icon10.gif

WELL.. way back in march i test drove the 1.9 sporting for my ex and i loved it.. she's got a '00 jtd at the mo.. when it came to buying my new car it was between the GP sporting (fun + mpg!!) and the schuey:devil: .. it was the 3 month wait for the GP which put me off in the end.. oh and the fact that i got the schuey for less ££££'s....:slayer:

although if there hadn't been a wait... GP:D :tempt: SCHUEY:devil:

GXbox said:
Just placed my order today on a GP Sport 1.4 16V!
Color: Crossover black, grey/black interior
Extras: 17" Alloy wheels (not the one that comes standard in the UK), Sky Dome, Mp3 CD, Blue&Me. I got a nice discount, and the original Punto matts for free. The dealer told me an end of July arrival (he said the Italians will try to fullfil as many orders as possible before they go to holiday in August). So my waiting game has started...

Just got a call from my dealer yesterday: My GP is here! :D I will do the paper/bank work on Thursday, so might be with me at the beginning of next week. Haven't seen it yet though. Can't wait!

Back