General W Reg Punto Key

Currently reading:
General W Reg Punto Key

gareth.humphrey

Iv Lost My Only Key For My W Reg Punto Do I Have To Get A Whole New Ecu And Locking System Or Can The Garage Make To Fit

w reg should be mk2

you need to buy a lock set and 2 keys as it's kind of hard to cut a key to a lock but as for ecu's no you can program the new keys using fiat test equipment but there is a minimum of 2 on the programming so I'm afraid your going to have to dig deep

there may be a possibility to get them pre cut from fiat I'm not sure I don't think so on this model though on newer square shank key certainly

can you please start your threads with your exact model of car and other details
it make it allot easier as there are so many types of punto

You'll have a key code card in your manual, if not ring the dealer that originally sold it and it will be on there computer. They can cut a new key from that code (4 digit).

Hi all,

New member to this site - hoping to get some advice. I've spoken to dealer and looked at all the threads (too many = more confusion:confused: ) and seem to get contradicting information :bang: - so hopefully your responses will help....

I have a Fiat Punto 2004 Model - I bought the car and it came with TWO keys (one with a gold fiat badge on it and one with a silver badge on it - apparently this refers to which is the master key?) These are standard keys, (not immobiliser). I cannot seem to find a 'key code' in my manual.

The key with the silver badge snapped - I want to replace it. Fiat garage told me £135?!? :eek: But some people have said that if I cut the chip out of the rubber mould and add it to the mould of a key cut from a locksmith or into a remote locking device this will work as the chip is close enoguh to the key?

Is there anyway I can avoid the £135?

I also want to get a remote/keyless entry for my car - any advice and suggestions on where to buy - ive looke don ebay and there are loads!

Really would appreaciate any guidance and simply cannot afford the garage bill - I just had to have the windscreen wiper linkage replaced at the cost of £120, plus recent mot = broke!:cry:

Thanking you in anticipation....:worship:

Paolo

Hi,

Bad news i'm afraid :(

I have a x reg jtd and i lost my key , granted my fault for not checking it came with the correct keys - 2 x blue and 1 x red.
I tried everything to get a key sorted , the previous reply's are quite correct they are chipped so only a fiat dealer can cut a key.
My car was stuck in Manchester and i live near chorley , the nearest dealer was bolton. They said if i could get my car to them as they would need to access the locks they would replace all the locks recode and give me 2 sets of keys £450+vat. As i had no key i could'nt drive it to them anyway and the only other option was for them to come and tow me for an extra £350. I rang my insurance company who i am fully comp with and they could'nt help me. They suggested that rac-aa or green flag could come out and get me in my car by busting the locks but again i would have to pay them to recover to a fiat garage and that would still have cost me £200.
On my drivers side window i saw a sticker 'this car is linked to the security register ring 07000111333' i rang them with my details and they said yes we have the code but i can only give it to a fiat dealer ! i rang a locksmith and they said if you can get me the code i'll do it for £50 - catch 22:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

also i got an interesting offer to 'get in my car in 30mins flat and have the car re-coded and 2 keys cut' for £250 cash by a locksmith this would have been my best option, and proves it can be done apart from fiat.

on the 3rd day of catching the train home and leaving my car stranded and thinking what i should do - some kind person handed my key in to security !!!!!

i was lucky , but since then i have got another key cut !

Hi,

Bad news i'm afraid :(

I have a x reg jtd and i lost my key , granted my fault for not checking it came with the correct keys - 2 x blue and 1 x red.

No red key on X reg punto.

I tried everything to get a key sorted , the previous reply's are quite correct they are chipped so only a fiat dealer can cut a key.

Keys arrive at dealer pre-cut to VIN number,dealers dont cut these keys.

They said if i could get my car to them as they would need to access the locks they would replace all the locks recode and give me 2 sets of keys £450+vat.

:eek: 2.5 hours labour time+lockset+programming is not £450!

since then i have got another key cut !

:slayer:

all code 2 keys come pre cut just not programmed

incidentally it is quite easy to brake into a punto without damaging it if you know how and have the tools if you don't it's astonishingly hard

and only a few people know how I myself do but I'm not telling for obvious reasons

also I have a punto and don't want it broken into

thanks for correcting the reply , should have joined the forum when i lost my key ! they told me i needed a red key

Well it's a warning then to shop around and get quotes , i was quoted the £450+vat for a two new keys programmed this was from a fiat dealer in bolton. When i got my spare cut after finding it they charged me £75 at a fiat dealer in wigan

the locksmith must have known the secret way of getting in !

also i locked my keys in my car and with a little common sense i got into my punto in 5mins flat with a small serated knive ! scary really , they go to so much trouble making the keys secure they forget about the rest of the car.

i also won't disclose my 5 minute knive trick !!

just read through, and wondered if anyone can help me... i have a w reg punto, and only 1 blue key... the square shaped handle on, with the nu,ber and and signal icon on the blade... obviously the code 2 thingy...

i went to timpsons today and asked if they could cut and code the key for me, he put the key in a reader and said they cant do it cause its a "rolling code that changes every time its put into the ignition" is he chatting poo?

is there anyone who can copy a punto mk2 key on this planet?

just read through, and wondered if anyone can help me... i have a w reg punto, and only 1 blue key... the square shaped handle on, with the nu,ber and and signal icon on the blade... obviously the code 2 thingy...

i went to timpsons today and asked if they could cut and code the key for me, he put the key in a reader and said they cant do it cause its a "rolling code that changes every time its put into the ignition" is he chatting poo?

is there anyone who can copy a punto mk2 key on this planet?

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/140458-punto-mk2-key-code.html

:( hello can anyone tell me if my grandsons w reg fiat punto has to have a red key as he only got the car 3 weeks ago, he was given 2 blue keys, he is having trouble with the immobiliser and sometimes has to wait 2 hours before the car will start

:( hello can anyone tell me if my grandsons w reg fiat punto has to have a red key as he only got the car 3 weeks ago, he was given 2 blue keys, he is having trouble with the immobiliser and sometimes has to wait 2 hours before the car will start

im assuming mk2 on a w ie it has a round badge on the bonnet
i suggest you get it code read to confirm it is an immobilisor issue rather than say a crank sensor
you could do this yourself if you buy an elm 1.4 lead from ebay have a laptop ideally with windows xp for ease and download the fiatecuscan software for free

no red key if it is a mk2 by the way

Back