General VVT Cam belt changed[

Currently reading:
General VVT Cam belt changed[

I decided to pop into the garage and say thanks for the job they did. The car ticks over far better than before and just feels crisper too. The boss there did the job and said the VVT solenoid was covered in crap so he removed and cleaned it as its a single bolt to remove it. I wonder if this has any bearing on the improved running. Just thought id post in case it sparks a thought or two.

Pull the solenoid and check the bottom gauze. Top part is nearly always clear

I get a P0011 error if it’s blocked.

Which happened a couple of time after the head had been off. If badly blocked the car runs and idles fine until the error light pops up

Brake Cleaner.. or Petrol to clean it..??
I used a toothbrush soaked in meths

Should have mentioned the symptoms

Ran fine until the error light came on

Error light would come on at around 60 MPH on the motorway

The divers was complaining of lack of power. We came off the motorway and the car would cut out at junction

There’s a Bluetooth dongle permanently fitted. Using torque light we cleared the code and the car drove fine again. The light did came back on every time you went over around 60

I used a toothbrush soaked in meths

Should have mentioned the symptoms

Ran fine until the error light came on

Error light would come on at around 60 MPH on the motorway

The divers was complaining of lack of power. We came off the motorway and the car would cut out at junction

There’s a Bluetooth dongle permanently fitted. Using torque light we cleared the code and the car drove fine again. The light did came back on every time you went over around 60
This is some great info and may explain the symptoms we had a while ago, although that was over indicated 80. It runs really well at the moment.

Back