VRM's

Currently reading:
VRM's

VRM's - Citroen ZX

Been looking at a car on eBay and when typing the registration plate into insurance companies it says there is no record of car in database. But i would like an accurate insurance quote and check the car is what it says it is.

But when i type the plate in here; http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/ it recognises the car as being what it says it is; a Citroen ZX Volcane.

Could it be the car is not listed in all directories and will this be a problem if i came to insure the vehicle?

Its listed in the RAC VRM database as being a citroen, with 3 owners, etc. but liverpool victoria (the insurance company) says on the internet no record of car can be found.

Is this a problem, car can be found here...

Thanks in anticipation,
Matt

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Just dont bother putting the number plate in.

Say you dont know it. See what comes up then, you will at leats be able to continue your insurance qoute

RAC is only a number plate recognition, and shows u last owner etc. The vehicle for example could be SORNed hence not being on an insurance database

Last edited:
Re: VRM's - Citroen ZX

fiatpuntosx said:
So if i was prepared to pay the £934 quinn direct would like, would it be easily transferable to put back on the road (if it was SORN)?

I would imagine it would be an simple process, although i am not familiar with it, i would read up on what it says on DVLA website, unless someone who has SORNed a vehicle and then put it back on the road wishes to add their 2p.

Im only using one possible hypothesis, there could be a number of reasons why it isnt in a database, maybe an error, maybe been on a private plate and number seen on that link hasnt been recognised on a system yet. Could be a whole number of reasons. :)

Maybe a conversation with the DVLA or owner of the ZX on the matter would clear things up (y)

My dad had a ZX estate... for a diesel it was pretty quick :eek: it's got close to 300k miles on the clock and it still runs fine. pity it's a Citroen or i'd have it :p

AppleSei said:
I would imagine it would be an simple process, although i am not familiar with it, i would read up on what it says on DVLA website, unless someone who has SORNed a vehicle and then put it back on the road wishes to add their 2p.

Im only using one possible hypothesis, there could be a number of reasons why it isnt in a database, maybe an error, maybe been on a private plate and number seen on that link hasnt been recognised on a system yet. Could be a whole number of reasons. :)

Maybe a conversation with the DVLA or owner of the ZX on the matter would clear things up (y)
just tax the car and the SORN is expired

I guess the V5 etc. proves the existence of the vehicle. Im tempted although its done 166k, but then again most ZX's have achieved this kind of mileage. So not unusual. Its a volcane.... 0-60 9 seconds, and is cheap to insure. Hmmmmm...

Matt

fiatpuntosx said:
I guess the V5 etc. proves the existence of the vehicle. Im tempted although its done 166k, but then again most ZX's have achieved this kind of mileage. So not unusual. Its a volcane.... 0-60 9 seconds, and is cheap to insure. Hmmmmm...

Matt

Seriously, the ZX's are great cars, my dads is close to 300k, the only reason it's off the road is because the HG went and he bought a new car, and got the ZX repaired. it's SORN at the minute though... and currently i'm storing my steelies from my Punto in the boot, lol. still runs fine though, the clutch slips a little bit but that's nothing

Hmmmm which would you choose:

The Nexia idea sort of went down the pan when you got inside (the outside is nothing near as bad). Imagine a mk2 astra with an air conditioning button and an abs light....thats a nexia.....oh and a seat belt warning buzzer....ye a nexia.

Some pictures in comparison

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 11
  • passengers1ov.jpg
    passengers1ov.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 9
My Tipo wasn't on any insurance Database for about 6 months until after I re registered it, when I was looking to buy it no insurance company website had my car listed and even when I phone no car came up, even when choosing from the Fiat > Tipo list my car model was not in there, had the DGT the Sedichivalvolve the 1.4ie the 1.6ie the 3 and 5 door versions of each but no Brio :(

Even now on some databases my cars details are wrong, it sometimes comes up as an 1.6ie when it isn't.

ermm..... go for it???

That ZX is SORN'd, and has been since the end of December. :)

The ZX is one comfy car :D

IIRC the VRM check through insurance quote sites only assists the user in getting the correct details to speed up and make their quote more accurate.

Liam

Back