Vredestein - how is it pronounced?!

Currently reading:
Vredestein - how is it pronounced?!

As far as cars are concerned I've a good rapore with an MOT station, a garage, a few tyre places and most important the parts guys at a Fiat dealer. Think the important thing is to be human. Once they realise you're not just a 'suit' then you're getting cups of coffee in the office during your MOT, discount on all your parts, and the odd little job done for free.

Thanks to all the people who made this possible but I won't say who incase you either get loads of people asking for discount, or the boss telling you that 'we're running a business - not a charity' :D

Now if only I can get in with someone who works at a Sony Centre.. I've been thinking of a Bravia for a while plus Bunny's laptop will need a few parts eventually :p

Last edited:
lol...I just haven't mastered talking to the working clarsses yet ;)

Gaz: I did a search before this thread to find the answer. One page said "I bet they would sell 10x as many if they had a name people weren't scared to say!"

I have vredestein m/s tyres on the panda. Doubt I would go for them again, I wouldnt know what to ask for :eek:. I cant just point and say I have them, it aint a sweet shop

I go everywhere in oily jeans, it makes me look like I know what I am doing :D

Now I have what I want on both cars, I just ask for 'same again', it's easier that way :eek: I also like my garage, don't get treated like I'm stupid there. The one time he tried thatm got caught out because luckily I'd learned the right answer on here. No problems since :D

When I needed to shod the Focus (195/50/15) and not having much money it was looking grim when I was quoted £188 for 4 Kumho's!

2 weeks later, I had 2 x Goodyear Eagles NCT5, 2 x Dunlop Sp2000 Sports for £80, why £80, part worn, Goodies had 5mm tread for the rear, 7mm tread for the Dunlops for the front, fitted for £40!

Liam

I looked for tread wear numbers but found nothing on either, same on my new ones?

Got 2 new Sportrac 2s fitted

the sportrac2 has a UTQG rating of 280/A/A

meaning the treadwear is 280 (good grip without wearing too quick)
the traction is A (almost all tyres are, which is safe in wet)
and temp is A

so they're a good safe choice (y)

but i dont understand why they dont state the UTQG ratings on the tyre wall :confused:

I had another look on the Verds (their new name for me) when cleaning off the paste and they state treadwear 300 (contradicting the above), but that definitely was not on the Maxxis ones.

You really want something with a Traction Rating of AA, not just a single A, as this is the highest.
Nankangs are A, as are Wanli, Tigar etc, and all are very bad in the wet.

Vredestein set the standard for reasonaly priced tyres in the wet, regardless of any ratings.

I speak Dutch, ei in Dutch is pronounced as one letter, and is softer when spoken than the German "stine". It's pronounced Vreedesteyn

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're unlikely to encounter a native Dutch speaker at the local branch of ATS

Vredestein set the standard for reasonaly priced tyres in the wet, regardless of any ratings.

From what I've heard a warrior APC can stop in it's own length from 45mph. The thing is rocked right up on its nose before dropping back down on its tracks due to the forces involved (physic forces - not armed forces). I wouldn't mind some of whatever rubber they use :D

Cheers fivehundred, since they told me it was Vee-der-stine I will use that there next time, although I hope not to be going back for a while!

Hellcat: Ignore what rubber it uses, just get a Warrior :D

Attachments

• dardo1.jpg
    dardo1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 12
What would the peashooter hurt though, a small fly? I bet the warrior can still outstop it if your fact is true!

Back