virgin to fiat

Currently reading:
virgin to fiat

blackmagic

firstly hi to everyone. glad to be part of something, cos ive just bought myself a 03plate 22k mk2 black punto sporting. and i love it!!! :worship: but.................and why does there always have to be one. or two??!!!:::::
firstly after driving home from evanshalshaw in mansfield to my beloved sheffield, i hear the exhaust note getting a little louder shall we say, 2 miles down the road:bang,bang,scrape,scrape the back box falls off.:mad: So slighty miffed i crawl on the floor and remove the rubbers and put it in my boot. Then ring the dealers blah blah and yer they say they will send a cheque for the cost of a back box and fitting. Week later they havent still.:bang: I go to ascar or exhaust uk as its sometimes known and pay £175 for a lovely upswept 6.5 x 2.5 letterbox custom backbox which has been cut into my bumper beutifully thanks guys id recomend you to anyone. 25yr garantuee. full respect for your pride and joy ppl. I like.(y) Over next few days of enjoying my exhausts new sporty but not tractorish tone. I notice one morning after starting my car from cold.....a kind of tap/knocking noise,:confused: does anyone know about this as im panicking. it goes when cars warm but is loud enough to notice when cold.??????????:cry:

blackmagic said:
I notice one morning after starting my car from cold.....a kind of tap/knocking noise,:confused: does anyone know about this as im panicking. it goes when cars warm but is loud enough to notice when cold.??????????:cry:

This sounds like the tappets in your engine. Once oil pressure is warm and normal the noise goes away as you described. This is nothing to worry about. :) Everything is fine under the bonnet IIRC

Welcome to the forum

hia mate, hope thats all good then, just dont want it too be piston slapping or bottom end problem??? whats ircc meant

dont worry about it, having sold the things for 4 years you soon realise what is standard and what is not! it is just the tappetss, wont damage anything really but prob best to go get them adjusted back to the proper settings. especially if it is from a dealer, get them to do it under "goodwill gesture"! ;)

blackmagic said:
firstly hi to everyone. glad to be part of something, cos ive just bought myself a 03plate 22k mk2 black punto sporting. and i love it!!! :worship: but.................and why does there always have to be one. or two??!!!:::::
firstly after driving home from evanshalshaw in mansfield

Hyundi dealers are they not?

You said the dealer will send you a cheque for the new exhaust or something? I doubt they will pay out for a custom job.

Back