vic test and applying for log book....

Currently reading:
vic test and applying for log book....

Don't bother. Unless you have an experienced mechanic and panel beater, you are taking a big risk.

A VIC is just an ID check to make sure all the numbers tally up. Costs £35 and I found the price out by using a wonderful site called Google and ten seconds of my time - about the same length of time it took for you to post this thread up :p

chaos said:
Don't bother. Unless you have an experienced mechanic and panel beater, you are taking a big risk.

A VIC is just an ID check to make sure all the numbers tally up. Costs £35 and I found the price out by using a wonderful site called Google and ten seconds of my time - about the same length of time it took for you to post this thread up :p
why dont bother? theres nothing wrong with the car now....

ok :p thanks

anyone know how you get a vic test done then? do you have to take it somewhere :confused:

AppleSei said:
You ring the DVLA for the log book.

But if it requires a VIC then they won't release it until the VIC has been done.

beau_4076 said:
why dont bother? theres nothing wrong with the car now....

ok :p thanks

anyone know how you get a vic test done then? do you have to take it somewhere :confused:

Yes - you take it to a DVLA approved engineer who will confirm its identity.

I have experience of playing with writeoffs with a mate of mine - he has had a couple cat C/D writeoffs - at the end of it, it caused a lot of work and headaches, and there was always something else to do to it until it was right - engines needed to be dropped out, gearboxes damaged, and in reality I don't think he made that much a saving over just buying a straight car. This was even with parts at trade price and all the tools and expertise you could want (his father was a mechanic). It put me off salvage cars for good. To me, they're either reshell jobbies if its a particularly special car or a parts car.

Back