Technical vibration when braking not discs

Currently reading:
Technical vibration when braking not discs

danielb

My punto has developed a vibrating when I touch the brake pedal even if I only just touch the pedal but only while over 15mph. The noise/feeling continues after I let go of the pedal for a second.
It felt like it was coming from the front nearside so I checked the brakes on that side and everything seemed fine. Then I realised the ABS pump is on that side, if I remove the maxi fuse for the pump I get the handbrake light and abs light but brakes feel fine.

I tried bleeding the brakes to see if there was air in the pump but one of the rear bleed nipples have broken.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

if disconnecting abs cures the problem then that is the problem
there arent relucter rings to break on these fine cars unlike cheese built clios so i suggest you do a scan to ascertain which wheel causing the problem
never had a problem here so cant advise with fes but a visual check of the abs pickups would be a good starter
plus in the drums sometimes these get broken due to ratchets dropping out due to poor maintainance

A Broken Bleed nipple isn't good

Is it leaking fluid? If so - DO NOT put the ignition on with a draining system
it'll empty out a tiny space inside the pump that can not run dry

If no fuse and problem is going away - then as S+B Said its the abs pump kicking in when it shouldnt

If the problem remains
get the front disc's checked for been warped - or just replace them
I dont know how much a DTI test is, but new brakes are always nice (once bedded in)

The Rear drums are often mishappen as monkey mechanics try to smash the drums off with a hammer
BAD IDEA
It causes a drone + rumble as you brake

Ziggy

I did get an error light for the nearside rear abs sensor a few weeks ago while driving home but I cleared it and it came back a few times intermittently but then the error light stopped coming before I had chance to change it and its been fine since.
Actually its the same wheel with the broken bleed nipple. New cylinder and abs sensor a good place to start I think.
Thanks,
Dan

Back