General Vibrating noise

Currently reading:
General Vibrating noise

Since this cold snap my car has developed a kind of vibrating/rubbing noise. It happens when lift the clutch up and meet it wih a few revs but seems to disapear when the car is up to temperature:confused:

At worst i was thinking it could be a clutch or gearbox fault, any ideas?

I've just been out in my car and realised the noise is their all the time now even when the car is fully warm.
I don't think it's related to the clutch as it makes the noise if i put a few revs on then let the car settle back to idle without pressing the clutch.

Any suggestions??

I have noticed this on my m-jet also (since the winter has kicked in), its like a low-murmuring sound that happens when the car is idle and only when i release pressure on the clutch from 1st gear. No change in the acutual performance or drive of the car, but from reading thru the forums, ATM i am putting it down to a loose hose fitting of some sort under the bonnet - probably get it checked out in the new year if it continues.

mine has just gone in to dealer for that reason, it looks like a worn gearbox mount, thats the noise youll be hearing. mine is obvously worn alot, as its made the turbo hose split, as its been allowing engine to move excesssivly./

Thanks guys, very helpfull info. I'll get mine checked out in the new year.

Matty_oakley let me know if you get the problem fixed and what parts were replaced.

Much appreciated (y)

Thanks guys, very helpfull info. I'll get mine checked out in the new year.

Matty_oakley let me know if you get the problem fixed and what parts were replaced.

Much appreciated (y)

it went in yesterday to have turbo hose replaced, but wrong pipe was delivered.
so it should hopefully get done today. once they fit that there gonna see whats wrong with engine mount, will keep you updated.

Back