Vent your insurance frustration :)

Currently reading:
Vent your insurance frustration :)

yes i know that but why should your quote be diffrent to a house just a few door down? thats when it gets stupid. plus the fact they try charge £4500 on a 1.2 8v punto thats worth a grand.

Yes, It's because you have to cover the costs of the person you end up crashing into, for example if you crushed their legs and they cannot walk again. :eek:

Damn the "I'm gonna sue you for all I can culture" everyone loses out really :(

Yes, It's because you have to cover the costs of the person you end up crashing into, for example if you crushed their legs and they cannot walk again. :eek:

Damn the "I'm gonna sue you for all I can culture" everyone loses out really :(

I don't get how it all works really.

For example if something happened that injured someone.....for example say you ran an extension lead out to your car across the pavement to jump start it, and some fool tripped over it and broke their arm.

If they sued me how would I even pay? I obviously don't have the £50,000 or whatever the compensation would be - in any form at all so how does that work out?

When people say 'I'll sue you for every penny' can you just not like...avoid them? hahaha

For example if something happened that injured someone.....for example say you ran an extension lead out to your car across the pavement to jump start it, and some fool tripped over it and broke their arm.

If they sued me how would I even pay? I obviously don't have the £50,000 or whatever the compensation would be - in any form at all so how does that work out?

When people say 'I'll sue you for every penny' can you just not like...avoid them? hahaha
if someone sued me for every penny theyd be highly dissapointed. probly buy a pint with it to celibrate but then have nout left lol.

when i passed my test at 18 (now 23) my first car was a renault 21 turbo1(group 16 + ), and the insurance for just me was £860ish full comp with no ncb and now own the 07 bravo 1.9 120 and paying £780 with my fiancee and dad as named drivers and 4years ncb without my dad and fiancee its £850i how do they work that out fast car at 18 cheaper than my bravo which is alot slower and safer. Also just got a quote for a renault 5 turbo as a weekend toy and got quoted £475 full comp with no ncb as its used on the bravo

Last edited:

When it comes to health and safety (which is crazy nowdays), everything danger has to labelled and signs everywhere. If you tripped over a cable in a street, that would be personal injury claim, not car insurance related. But if it was car related, you would pay your excess and then the insurance company would pay out the rest of the money to the claimant, then you premium would go up so they can start to recoup the money they lost for paying out the claim. So you wouldnt have to pay out 50k

All insurance is b*****ks, their nominated solicitors are useless "we don't think you'll win this claim so we're not going to pursue it anymore" had to sort that out myself with the MIB,

I can't understand half of them on the phone, it took me longer than 5 mins to give the woman the reg plate on my car because she couldn't understand me, then they took the payment out of my bank account twice because they're a bunch of morons.

end of rant :) for now

When it comes to health and safety (which is crazy nowdays), everything danger has to labelled and signs everywhere. If you tripped over a cable in a street, that would be personal injury claim, not car insurance related. But if it was car related, you would pay your excess and then the insurance company would pay out the rest of the money to the claimant, then you premium would go up so they can start to recoup the money they lost for paying out the claim. So you wouldnt have to pay out 50k

Well thats what I mean, if the accident or mishap isn't under some type of insurance or a public liability cover then it can't exactly be pursued.

I bet theres a scheme in America of all places. You probably have to pay a percentage of your wage to them for the rest of your days.

All insurance is b*****ks, their nominated solicitors are useless "we don't think you'll win this claim so we're not going to pursue it anymore" had to sort that out myself with the MIB,

I can't understand half of them on the phone, it took me longer than 5 mins to give the woman the reg plate on my car because she couldn't understand me, then they took the payment out of my bank account twice because they're a bunch of morons.

end of rant :) for now

Tell me about it. Spent 20 mins on hold to adrian flux today only for them to tell me in 20 seconds that if i wanted to list any mod's I'd have to cancel my insurance and start it again with another company. (adrian flux are only a brokers)

JOKE!

Every accident has a person/company that's at fault - if you trip over an exposed concrete slab walking through city centre then its local councils fault. Slip on wet floor in Tesco, Tesco's fault etc. And its something like 60% of all personal injury claims are from RTA's - so that's 60% of claims covered through car insurance.

Firstly, that senario wouldn't come off of your car insurance.

When someone sues you, court will decide figure based on your income and assets etc. If you're sued for £5k and only have £2k cash, the other £3k will come from your assets like car etc.

All insurance is b*****ks, their nominated solicitors are useless "we don't think you'll win this claim so we're not going to pursue it anymore" had to sort that out myself with the MIB

Don't get me started there. Predudice pricks. In negotiations with one at the mo. I've turned around and told them exactly what I think of them and unless they can settle for £xxxx in 14days I'll be droping them and instructing a private solicitor to do so as the £xxxx I'm requesting isn't anywhere near unreasonable.

Yeah I know its not really got anything to do with car insurance but as an example of something thats not really got any liability cover or insurance.

hmm selling you assets pretty harsh lol Not for me though, my assets come to about £500 lol

so far my insurance has been....

corsa 1.3cdti sxi 54 reg - owned 09/05 to 05/06 (while learning to drive)... £1500 a year on mums :rolleyes:

would have been £2200 after i was gonna take it over after passing but i crashed

micra 1.2 16v se 05 reg - owned 05/06 to 06/07 - £1600 for the year with no ncb

stilo 1.9 jtd dynamic 3dr 05 reg - owned 06/07 to 06/09 - £1350 for the first year with 1 year ncb.... and £950 for the year after with 2 years ncb

bravo 150 dynamic mj 5 dr 07 reg - owned 06/09 to present - £650 for the year with 3 years ncb

(y)

considering that it would of cost me £720 to insure the stilo again... and when i had the stilo it would cost more to insure a slightly newer 1.2 sxi corsa :p

Back