Vent your insurance frustration :)

Currently reading:
Vent your insurance frustration :)

I love insurance :)

My renewal is due on Feb 16th. By then I will be 19 years old with 1.5ish years driving and I will have collected my 1 years no claims bonus.

The car I drive is a 1988 Fiat Panda - insurance group 1.

No convictions and 1 accident that wasn't my fault - all costs and excess recovered.

Cheapest quote with 3rd party cover only..............?

A grand!

LOOLOLLROLFCOPTERLMAOLOOLOLOl

The sad thing though is that all I can do is laugh about it. Like it or not I'll struggle to get it for any lower - even after adding my entire family to the policy and restricting my milage to 3 miles per century.

Yes I understand why the insurance is so high for under 21 males but it's total descrimination. I've not crashed or killed anyone and I have no intention to. I drive 10 miles a day to work in a slow a$$ car and thats pretty much it.

I'm paying through the nose incase some idiots in a Citroen Saxo can crash into a school playground at lunchtime.

Feel free to add to the hilarity with your most audacious quotes and absolutely bonkers outcomes.

My favourite quote ever was for insurance for a year on a Mitsubishi Shogun 4x4 (we live on a farm so it would have been handy)

£8000 !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Citroen Xantia - one quote came back for me at £15,000...even had one quote for my Dad come back at £8,000 (eventually went for the £200 quote lol)

My renewal is due on Feb 16th. By then I will be 19 years old with 1.5ish years driving and I will have collected my 1 years no claims bonus.

The car I drive is a 1988 Fiat Panda - insurance group 1.

No convictions and 1 accident that wasn't my fault - all costs and excess recovered.

Cheapest quote with 3rd party cover only..............?

A grand!

LOOLOLLROLFCOPTERLMAOLOOLOLOl

The sad thing though is that all I can do is laugh about it. Like it or not I'll struggle to get it for any lower - even after adding my entire family to the policy and restricting my milage to 3 miles per century.

Yes I understand why the insurance is so high for under 21 males but it's total descrimination. I've not crashed or killed anyone and I have no intention to. I drive 10 miles a day to work in a slow a$$ car and thats pretty much it.

I'm paying through the nose incase some idiots in a Citroen Saxo can crash into a school playground at lunchtime.

Feel free to add to the hilarity with your most audacious quotes and absolutely bonkers outcomes.

My favourite quote ever was for insurance for a year on a Mitsubishi Shogun 4x4 (we live on a farm so it would have been handy)

£8000 !!!!!!!!

Stats are what insurance companies go on, if most claims are made by males under the age of 21, it makes sense.

If your under 19 it doesn't, it's just a random number generator at that point, with the smallest number set at about £1400 when gender is set at 'male'.

It's mysterious now though as it makes 'slightly' more sense lol.

I meant it was mysterious because half the time it seems as if its (like you said) just a random number. :confused:

Try Admiral they are quite cheap also try phoning the companies who give this forum a discount. Even though i dont qualify for the discount they got my insurance cheaper than anywhere else. I think i went with Chris Knott.

I have to say im loving the fact that if you change the car mid policy the insurance co's work out the price difference pro rata. :slayer:

not managed to last a full year without having to alter insurance due to fools
this time i was told that when i moved to sheffield it would increase by a small amount it went to 400 quid meaning im more liley to have my car burnt crashed or stolen in sheffield than i would be to commute to sheffield everyday

I've got my renewal quote of £580 which has very much suprised me! I was expecting to pay around £800 if I was lucky.

There should be a law stating you cant drive a car over insurance group 10 untill after 2 years of driving. That would save so many lives and money for everyone else.

The way the world works for most - you start at the bottom, get experience, build on that and hey presto your somewhere good in life. The same goes for cars. You start with a ****box and earn yourself a good car through staying safe.

It's wrong that some kids start with a 2.0 Renaultsport Cilo and write it off in 15 mins after filling it with all their retarded mates - wheelchairs and all - then crashing into a lamppost.

I've gone from a group 6, to a group 3 to a group 1 in the quest for an affordable car.

But wahey! Thats life.

I have a group 1 panda :) Its not very fast but it has a pretty sick induction sound and is the only one of its kind.

Im happy :)

Still the quest for rediculous insurance quotes contines.

My 19yo friend got a quote for a 1986 1275 GT mini. 4 grand! LOL

Last edited:
It's bloody annoying the prices we (young dirvers) have to pay but it will all be worth it in the end after getting several NCB. My Dad's insured on a TT 3.2 softop, £267 full comp for the year. I'm paying £1600 TPFF on a car worth £800 It's funny to look at but realistic.

Yep I fully understand why the prices are so high but like you say, all you can do is grit your teeth till the 21 year old escape route arrives!

I know a guy who insured himself as the main driver a car that wasn't even on the road for a year to get a years no claims bonus - whilst being an additional on another that he actually used.

So many people have do's and don'ts and 'my mate did this' and 'my mate did that'

Theres no escape in reality. It's a rip off untill your about 25. End of story.

Yep I fully understand why the prices are so high but like you say, all you can do is grit your teeth till the 21 year old escape route arrives!

I know a guy who insured himself as the main driver a car that wasn't even on the road for a year to get a years no claims bonus - whilst being an additional on another that he actually used.

So many people have do's and don'ts and 'my mate did this' and 'my mate did that'

Theres no escape in reality. It's a rip off untill your about 25. End of story.

Would you rather pay £1,000-£1,500 or £1,000,000 if you crash and kill someone?

I can't see that being of any benefit aside from lining the pockets of an extra insurer :confused:
The insurance company want to know details of the car, they type the reg into their computer & it will show the car as being SORN so they will be happy to take his cash.
He then goes to another company & as soon as he gives his name and address, it will show that he has insurance on a SORN car - but they will be happy to take his cash.
The minute he has a prang, his details are flagged.
Insurance companies are in constant contact with each other these days in an effort to beat the fraudsters.

The way it would work is that you insure youself on it for a year - not even drive it - but just to build up the no claims bonus.
It doesn't matter about MOT or tax because it won't even be driven so you wont be able to have an accident that will void the policy.

It's happening all the time now - just not for the length of time I'm talking about.

You take your car for an MOT. It fails so you take it home on a trailer or tow it or however and leave it on the drive untill you fix it. It's still insured and in theory you could leave it there till the end of the policy and still have a years no claims.

Sounds pointless yes - but if your 17 or 18 then it would actually make a considerable difference the following year.

Could - and probably is just bull though. I've not tried it and its not worth the hassle imo.

Last edited:
I got both pandas on a multi car policy for 1300, which is less than i payed for one panda in my first year. individually i'm looking about 700ish per car. with no convictions or accidents. all to do with location though. i live in a very populated area with a fair share of scumbags.

When looking for my first car, the cheapest car i found to insure was a 2cv for 800 quid. tried it on my dads c5 2.l td and they wanted 11k

Back