vBulletin 3.5 Released

Currently reading:
vBulletin 3.5 Released

It's the news we have all been waiting for, finally the new version of vB is out and we can look at upgrading the forum.

It's not completely hunky dory yet as we still need to wait for current in use mods to be updated before the upgrade can go ahead (which isn't actually much - the main one being the Arcade / finding a new arcade)

Then once this is done, can finally start adding all the extras I kept promising.... :D

On it's own, not too much (well nothing i was over the moon about anyway) - HOWEVER, every time you want to add a new feature (arcade, gallery etc ect) you no longer need to start editing code, everything is done as a plug in.

This means every update from now i dont need to spend ages putting everything back in.

It also means, new mods can be added with minimum of effort (and quicker) - so all the things asked for can soon be put in motion (garage, timeslips etc...)

Also good news, the arcade is aparently almost done! So maybe the upgrade will be a lot sooner than I had originally thought....

luke1985 said:
Good news (y)

Is there any visual change or the update just a behind the scenes affair?
Well vB wise, not really - i just keep the templates as such...

However - once that stage is done and everything is working, I did want to look at a possible site redesign, so as to better integrate all the new features that I want to add on. ;) (y)

Logged on tonight to be told I have a private message, nothing new there. Most impressed though that I get a dialog box that says it's been blocked by MSN popup blocker.... Top coding dude !!

Back