244.JPG

Seicento Vauxsei Turbo 2013...

Introduction

Well.... Its time to get around Todgers and collect the drive shafts i left there in storage...

These very shafts are from my original c20xe redtop seicento from back in 2009.... The car sold and was later crashed by the new owner... I bought it back (all in the back of a van) and intended to make a mk2 that never happened......

After some time and a few conversions in between I've never been able to throw the conversion shafts away... And have found myself researching ways around the problems i had with the mk1 2.0 16v incase i was to make an improved version haha!!

With the original project i had the help of one armed spastics.... this time im going it alone... or with the aid of a good mate on here...

I had gear selector issues... (think i was on mk6 by the time i had sold it).. However after a chat to the guys down at retro-power they have came up with a direct gear change solution which should rule out a lot of space and gear problems....

The cooling on the last one, to say the least was complex... It was like a scrap mans paradise, and the car looked as if it was sponsored by British gas heating engineers... Partly because it was all made by one, using their copper haha!! This time around i shouldn't need any of that, as a single rad in the front should be all it needs.

The missing heater on the mk1 was also a problem, mainly due to steaming windows and not having the correct type of heat inside the car... This will still be a prob with the new conversion, however im looking to cut and shut a heater to make enough room to be able to keep it.

The welding was untidy on the mk1... to be fair it held up in a nasty accident, however the welding has improved to say the least over the last few years...

Currently ive got a few bits of an xe together, however i have been modding them a fair bit to convert it to a turbo set up... If im building another, i might as well improve on the original design!!!

This im afraid WILL happen, but it wont be a 6 week bodge like the last one.. Mainly due to buying a house with the Mrs and getting the keys hopefully in a few days... Due to my self employed business im stuck rewiring, replumbing, fitting a kitchen, bathroom and heated flooring etc... all the boring house things to keep her happy...

The house to be gutted and rebuilt from scratch is planned to take me around 8-12 weeks part time, and around this il be gathering bits and bobs for the turbo vauxsei....

I know there are some huge power cinqs/seis around now, some usable on the road, and others not so... but this ones being built up for a daily driver and not a race or show toy...

These are a few of the cars that have kept me busy since the sei...

MK1 Fiesta Zetec 2.0 Blacktop on bike carbs (with the help of todger... who loved every min lol)

Mk2 Fiesta Zetec Turbo Conversion

The c20xe Turbo (which im basing the sei conversion on)

So far.... ive sorted the following...

C20XE Engine Block...

This has been rebored & honed by Nuneaton Rebores to 87mm with chamfered tops for easy ring fitment. The block has had brand new coreplugs fitted, front turbo oil return fitted, and a genuine vauxhall let rear oil feed. Can be turned into a NA again with the front blocked off and the rear feed removed. The block is currently painted in blue hammerite, the bores have been coated in Graphogen and the block wrapped in cling film to keep the dust off (stored indoors - heated).

The crank...

This has been tested by nuneaton rebores and is within tolerances balance wise. The crank has been re-ground to a 0.25 oversize on the big ends and mains. I have also got the brand new oversize bearings for this crank. Its a strong XE one. This has also been covered in Graphogen on the bearing face of the crank & wrapped. Stored again indoors....

The Turbo...

This is a let turbo, with wastegate, manifold & actuator along with lamba sensor

Pistons...

Brand new 87mm pistons (oem early piston quality) with brand new rings, Pins and circlips. These are NA pistons obviously and the rings have been fitted to the pistons as Nuneaton rebores wanted to gap the rings and make sure the bore work was perfect.

And a load of other fancy bits & bobs!!!
Haha forgot you got dragged into that!! Hows the 1.2 conversion going?

running like a dream minus all the oil leaks ;) Crank seal, Cam box, breather and oil pump all drip oil but stops it from rusting ;)

so glad its done though makes it a real car vs 899 :p also ill prob pop up once its done and see das beast ;)

running like a dream minus all the oil leaks ;) Crank seal, Cam box, breather and oil pump all drip oil but stops it from rusting ;)

so glad its done though makes it a real car vs 899 :p also ill prob pop up once its done and see das beast ;)

Yea sounds good!! This wont be properly started till the mrs let's me, should be in a month or two... Have loads of mini mods to sort out ready for the sei. Trying to convince todger to donate his cage for the price he bought it for lol, might throw in some hand relief if it sweetens the deal lol. Glad yours is up and running, minus the leaks... To be fair their normal teething problems haha! Much better engine than the 899!!

Well... things have happened a bit sooner than expected.....

Collected a 2002 51 plate seicento today, with 12 months MOT & 5 months tax for grand sum of £550 :D

Nothing wrong with the car other than some paint fade to the front bumper, and ive covered around 80 faultless miles so far in it...

Ive been looking for a cheap van recently after selling mine, however there isnt anything any good being so close to xmas, but this sprung up... so is going to be a makeshift van for a month or two..

First mod... (due to using temp as a van)... DIY window tinting... After a few hours on the rear window, i remember why i hated tinting glass!!!

With the boot off i also removed the badges (with some floss & trade sticky stuff remover)...

The tint looks really dark in the pictures, thats only due to the lighting as its only a medium smoke.

Might attempt the front windows tomorrow... i know they wont be strictly legal, however id rather a £30 fine than my SDS drill or £700 fluke tester going missing while the cars parked for 5 mins...

I will have a go with some little mods while im needing the car daily... Thinking of removing the rev counter tomorrow to see if i can adapt the housing for my wideband. Im going to keep the standard dash this time (no stevie wonder dash)... Have a cunning plan for the clocks too :D

Attachments

• IMG_5615.JPG
    IMG_5615.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5617.JPG
    IMG_5617.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5620.JPG
    IMG_5620.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5625.JPG
    IMG_5625.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5627.JPG
    IMG_5627.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5630.JPG
    IMG_5630.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5631.JPG
    IMG_5631.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Sounds brilliant!

I know the lad who now has your turbo nova haha! It is nice but i think hes trying to get rid of it now! Already!

Haha, it was a good car when I had it (although the conversion was done prior to me owning it, but i bought it as a non-runner). I then swapped it for a Lupo, and then that lad had a fiddle around with the nova and sold it on. It's not the best looking thing, but it went well lol, it's more of a toy than a daily

Last edited:
Well thought id do a little update for the front windows haha.. as their currently sat on my lounge floor and im not too excited to put them back in the car as im almost guaranteed to scratch one and turn the air outside blue....

The fronts have been done the same as the rear, heated / shrunk and then these were filed around the edge as i hate DIY tints with a massive 4mm gap all the way around.

The tint has been heated around the edges several times, and filed flush so it shouldnt lift...

The only down side is im expecting cloudy tint for a few weeks thanks to our lovely weather :(

Also taken a pic to show although they look like chav tastic limo tint... its not the case, i can see through :p

Right off to scratch.. i mean fit the windows (probs a bit of both) :(

Attachments

• IMG_5645.JPG
    IMG_5645.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5638.JPG
    IMG_5638.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5636.JPG
    IMG_5636.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Glass is back in the car, with minimal swear words... Although the outer seals are a right PITA....

With the glass in and not much more to do, i thought id take a look at the AEM wideband / rev counter conversion.

I will be using some retro vauxhall clocks (Astra GTE Digital Dash) which comes with a built in rev counter, so the sei one is not needed...

I've bought another seicento set of clocks (standard speedo) so i can have a go at making the conversion to the vauxhall stuff, without making a mess of the clocks that are currently in the car.

The rev counter was removed, and ripped to bits... I made a frame from an empty biscuit tin, and trimmed it in 3m carbon... A bit of hot glue here and there, and i have a finished solid pod for my wideband.

I'm trying to install all the needed gauges in the standard dash without the need for pods etc... Just need to work out where to fit my after market water temp, boost & possibly oil pressure.. I have a din adapter for the stereo which i was going to use... But i kind of like the thought of a radio in the car as this is usually the 1st thing i remove when doing a conversion.

Anyone got any location ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_5647.JPG
    IMG_5647.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5648.JPG
    IMG_5648.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5649.JPG
    IMG_5649.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5651.JPG