Vanity/Custom plates (member examples?)

Currently reading:
Vanity/Custom plates (member examples?)

JustifyCPT

Hi folks!
I was wondering, do any of the members have custom license plates for their Fiats and would like to share what they chose? Maybe a spicy Abarth or 100HP that has a unique plate? I'm not usually one for custom plates, but I'm planning on buying a 100HP which I've been contemplating for ages as a fun runabout and seriously considering a custom plate to mark the occasion :)

Hi folks!
I was wondering, do any of the members have custom license plates for their Fiats and would like to share what they chose? Maybe a spicy Abarth or 100HP that has a unique plate? I'm not usually one for custom plates, but I'm planning on buying a 100HP which I've been contemplating for ages as a fun runabout and seriously considering a custom plate to mark the occasion :)
I've always had stock number plates (either with EU or GB) on the sides. Have longed for reg. F1 ATS but only in my dreams.

I note you are in Cape Town so what follows may not apply in your case but is worth mentioning anyway.

Custom plates in the UK can be tricky. Technically and legally they have to comply with all the regulations including correct fonts, correct spacings, makers and standards markings. Then you can have "show plates" where anything goes as long as they are nut used on a public road.

What I believe you can do in the UK is to customise the left and fight hand areas of the plates. Also I believe you can have extra wide plates to tart up as long as the central part complies to the required legislation and standard.

My sister lives in Florida and I believe you can apply for any registration plate in your state as long as it is not already taken. So "Aligator1" on a Florida marked and issued plate would be legal in any US state.

I'm hope for your fun and enjoyment your Cape Town rules allow some flexibility. How about "001HP"? When asked you can say Italian cars go faster in reverse :)

DVLA is a bit stingy with the more interesting plates too. I wanted "TO55 ERS" but they didn't release it... 😅

Best plate I ever saw was "V37 OCE" on an Alfa GTV ... but it's gone AWOL from current use and it's not for sale anywhere, so I dunno what happened to that one...

I could be tempted by "SH17 BOX" ... but curiously DVLA has not a single "SH17... " plate available at all..

Ralf S.

Number plate that fall off can get you a fine but no points on your licence. Number plates that have been messed about with can get the book thrown at you. All it takes is a copper looking for promotion and a jobsworth magistrate. Saying that, IMO a plats messed with to hide the number, deserves harsh treatment.

None of this matters to the real bad guys. They steal a car and swap the plates to any number they have lying in the lock-up shed.

Back