Value?

Currently reading:
Value?

S

Steve

Tempted to get V reg 1.8 HLX on sale for £2250. 66000 mile though.
Realistic price in your expert opinions?

the mileage isn't great there, but yeah, i'd say thats not bad at all.... but ignore me, you wanted expert opinions :D I tend to pay what i think a car is worth to me, not what Parkers etc say...

Sound like a bargain to me, just make sure you check over the car thoroughly, sounds almost too cheap.

oh, its an HLX.. sorry, didn't read properly. You'd need to make sure all the 'extras' like aircon work. That can be expensive to fix!

Have had the car looked over by a mechanic & he has reported the following...

Replace rear shocks - £107
Replace Pads & Discs - £141
Replace Cambelt £153 (Pullys ok at this point) - what does that mean??
To have CV rebuilt & CV joint - £89
Full Service £85
Total - £575

Still good value in your opinions? Basically the Garage selling it deals in bigger motors - BMW's, Alpha's etc & took this as part ex & he wants rid.

Those prices are reasonable but still steep, but in the case of the cambelt you should get all the tensioners changed when you change the belt. Don't half ass the job.

If you fancy some DIY you can do the shocks for £50-60 and the brakes for about the same if not less.

CV joints are a whore of a job on the bravo.

They allow the drive to be transferred to the front wheels and allow you to steer.

CV = constant velocity. Like a universal joint but more complex and don't suffer from the vibrations you get with UJs.

"allow you to steer - ok - not an area to skimp on then!
Thanks for the advice - with my list of jobs will try to haggle him down a bit!