General vacuum pump

Currently reading:
General vacuum pump

Hi all
Hope someone can help me find a vacuum pump for my 2001 ducato 2.8 jtd
Many thanks
The 2.8 JTD was also fitted to the Iveco Daily. Some Fiat 2,8 JTD components carry Iveco numbers. A difference between the engines was that the sub assembly held the oil filter in a vertical position, rather than in the near horizontal orientation on the Ducato. If you are having difficulty sourcing the vacuum pump, it may help to widen your search to include the Iveco Daily 2.8 JTD vacuum pump, which is probably identical. To help you decide I am attaching a pdf copy of a page from the Iveco Workshop Manual. See Figure 167.

Attachments

• 2.8JTD p92 Auxiliary Assembly.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 62
The 2.8 JTD was also fitted to the Iveco Daily. Some Fiat 2,8 JTD components carry Iveco numbers. A difference between the engines was that the sub assembly held the oil filter in a vertical position, rather than in the near horizontal orientation on the Ducato. If you are having difficulty sourcing the vacuum pump, it may help to widen your search to include the Iveco Daily 2.8 JTD vacuum pump, which is probably identical. To help you decide I am attaching a pdf copy of a page from the Iveco Workshop Manual. See Figure 167.
Hi Communicator

It looks like the attachment is not opening, when you click on it

It is a pdf so should open on any computer. check your downloads when trying to open.

Many thanks for your reply found out not vacuum but brake servo not holding air
Cant seem to get one apart from fiat do think that is right

Hi just had mech tell me that its not the brake servo because they all do it as its a tag axle.When i take it out off gear and coast up to lights say the brakes go hard.He said the vacuum cant keep the pressure up.And just dont take it out off gear
any thouhts i will be very greatful

Hi

I would be surprised if the vacuum pump wasn't designed to be capable of fully supplying the demands of the brake servo even with the engine only turning at idling speed.

The symptoms you describe suggest that it has to be driven at higher engine speeds to achieve correct braking. To me this is a symptom of a failing pump, which is likely to get gradually worse.

A vacuum gauge can be temporarily tee'd into the hose to give a better picture of what's happening.

Back