Technical Using TMc or Phone In Channel

Currently reading:
Technical Using TMc or Phone In Channel

maskedmagicians

Hi just want to now if anyone's tryed using either the tmc or Phone in pins on rear of visteon cassette head unit as a aux in?

If so whats the sound quality like and im assuming you'd have to have a toggle switch installed somewhere to activate these as there not available via the source button...

also my radios no longer picking up any channels on any bands :( cheers and also hi i'm new so excuse me if this is child's play..

Just for future reference... decided to try above and works flawlessly

opted to go via using the PHONE pins on rear of unit

so now i can connect my ipod also i can connect my mobile and use it perfectly either to stream music or as a handfree device... ill detail all that i did below (y)

first thing i did was found a pin out diagram for the original stilo / cassete headunit see below pic 1 below

then proceeded to make find a switch that would connect to pins 9 and 12 and when toggled would initiate the phone input

then i found my unused headphone that came with my nokia 1320 that has a microphone on aswell, then opened up microphone area.
desoldered 4 x cable for right and left ear phone then attached 4 x speaker wire lengths to pcb were old headphone wires were. SEE pics Below

then bridged left and right + and - channels into one, so i was left with only 1 + and - wires, these were in turn attached to 2 pins ( used orange connector pins from when i soldered my airbag connection whilst sorting airbag fault)

SEE pics Below

then i attached my home made 3.5mm lead to 2 x pins into rear of headunit via pins 7 & 8 on section C

Testing time:

Flicked toggle switch, head unit then displays The following PHONE
SEE pics Below

attached phone to 3.5mm jack and pressed play

Headunit now plays Music through 3.5mm jack perfectly... :slayer:

now decided to see if my thinking on if it would also work well as a handfree device via build in microphone would also work, so called my partner... her voice bellowed out via the cars speakers and she could also hear me perfectly

Success :D apart from now ive got no excuse for not answering my calls whilst driving

then sleeved cable with some cable braid and headshrink i had lying about and then reinstalled and had microphone in position that i wanted it to be in car

SEE pics Below
Hope this Guide of use to someone... Cheers

Attachments

• stilo pins.PNG
    stilo pins.PNG
    76.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 66
  • phone.jpg
    phone.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 90
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Very nice, you shoud put on this to guides section. It helps for lots of people I'm sure. Thanks for sharing this.

Back