General USB WITH FIAT GRANDE 07 PLATE

Currently reading:
General USB WITH FIAT GRANDE 07 PLATE

My Fiat Punto (04) is now needing too much repair costs.
So have been looking at a Fiat Grande 07 plate from a used car dealer on the internet as it some miles away from me.
But it seems that it has no Aux USB slot.
What year did the Grande get a USB slot as standard? If it ever did.
My Punto didn't have one, (Just a radio/cd player), when I brought it.
So I brought a Kenwood radio/cd player that had a USB slot with it from Halfords.
They also fitted radio/cd player in the car for me, as I would not know how to fit it myself.
Would like a Grande, but not without a AUX USB slot.
I only play my own music with my USB stick, so I can listen to the music I like.
Does anyone have any info on this.
Thanks for reading my post.
Anthony.

Last edited:
Hi Anthony

Ive got a 2008 dynamic.. the slot is in the glovebox

But my 2007 Actives had NOTHING

You probably need a car with the WINDOWS emblem (and a phone?) On the steering wheel controls

A word of caution..

My 2007's were getting 'tired'.. the 2008 is getting that way

Most small cars by 15 years in service will have had 5+ young drivers.. so accellerated wear and potential neglect

Personally..I wouldnt pay 'Garage Money' for a car that is potentually at your current puntos level in 3 years

Have you looked around many grandes ??

Hi Anthony

Ive got a 2008 dynamic.. the slot is in the glovebox

But my 2007 Actives had NOTHING

You probably need a car with the WINDOWS emblem (and a phone?) On the steering wheel controls

A word of caution..

My 2007's were getting 'tired'.. the 2008 is getting that way

Most small cars by 15 years in service will have had 5+ young drivers.. so accellerated wear and potential neglect

Personally..I wouldnt pay 'Garage Money' for a car that is potentually at your current puntos level in 3 years

Have you looked around many grandes ??
Thanks for reply. I have had my Punto over 12 years now. Power steering playing up. Electrics playing up etc. It appears that Grande has just had a Facelift really. Would not travel that far without being sure I was going to buy the car. Thought I would go to an Auction site, but you have to be a Dealer. Can only see cars online and have to pay online as well. And they are "Sold As Seen." I want to see the car. Look at it and drive it. Think you are right about Garage cars. They wanted £2,495. Car done 79,000 miles. I have an MOT until September 26th, so have no rush to get another car.

My Fiat Punto (04) is now needing too much repair costs.
So have been looking at a Fiat Grande 07 plate from a used car dealer on the internet as it some miles away from me.
But it seems that it has no Aux USB slot.
What year did the Grande get a USB slot as standard? If it ever did.
My Punto didn't have one, (Just a radio/cd player), when I brought it.
So I brought a Kenwood radio/cd player that had a USB slot with it from Halfords.
They also fitted radio/cd player in the car for me, as I would not know how to fit it myself.
Would like a Grande, but not without a AUX USB slot.
I only play my own music with my USB stick, so I can listen to the music I like.
Does anyone have any info on this.
Thanks for reading my post.
Anthony.
Have you opened the glove box yet?
You will find 2 USB connectors.
One is for updating the software, and the other is for managing the multimedia connection. For example, it is used to play audio files.
This is because there is a Windows computer in the upper part of the glove compartment.
If you can't find it, I can send you a photo.

Reactions: AED
Have you opened the glove box yet?
You will find 2 USB connectors.
One is for updating the software, and the other is for managing the multimedia connection. For example, it is used to play audio files.
This is because there is a Windows computer in the upper part of the glove compartment.
If you can't find it, I can send you a photo.
Thanks for getting in touch. I have just been out to my car. There are no usb connectors there. I also checked my drivers handbook. It says If You Have The Right Model car their would be a connector between the Steering Column and Central Dashboard. Guess I have the basic spec on my Punto. It is an Punto Active. Thanks.

Thanks for getting in touch. I have just been out to my car. There are no usb connectors there. I also checked my drivers handbook. It says If You Have The Right Model car their would be a connector between the Steering Column and Central Dashboard. Guess I have the basic spec on my Punto. It is an Punto Active. Thanks.
Sorry. I probably misunderstood you. I thought you had a Grande Punto. I have a 2009 Grande Punto Racing. That's how the usb is.

Back