Technical URGENT- THROTTLE BODY NEEDED!

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT- THROTTLE BODY NEEDED!

Hi!

I'm in desperate need for a throttle body for my 169 4x4.

I've had tons of trouble finding one breaking ATM because I need a fly by wire one ! All out of stock so my other option is stupid sky high price from Italy/Spain.

If you're breaking a 4x4, or an automatic transmission Panda in the UK, and have one of these, please give me a shout !!!

Happy to pay and for postage etc if it's the right one!

Got a pic of my throttle body, and the fiat part numbers for reference.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_202437.jpg
    IMG_20220606_202437.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20220606_202538.jpg
    IMG_20220606_202538.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
Hi!

I've had tons of trouble finding one breaking ATM because I need a fly by wire one ! All out of stock so my other option is stupid sky high price from Italy/Spain.

If you're breaking a 4x4, or an automatic transmission Panda in the UK, and have one of these, please give me a shout !!!

Happy to pay and for postage etc if it's the right one!

Got a pic of my throttle body, and the fiat part numbers for reference.

Thanks in advance 🙂
dont have one sorry

but isnt that part number the same for all 60ps engines, I could be wrong

Screenshot (166).png

dont have one sorry

but isnt that part number the same for all 60ps engines, I could be wrong

View attachment 407722
Hi!
Thanks for replying .

No there's two different throttle bodies (which I have unfortunately discovered through buying parts for the panda which don't fit.) Im pretty sure both versions of the throttle body have their own part numbers.

There's the common one, for most 2wd pandas. And then the rare annoying one I have which is only found in 4x4 and automatic pandas. It's got different wiring and they look surprisingly different.

So basically beware and look after the throttle body if you own a 4x4 or an automatic because this is some fresh hell finding one 😂😂😂

Hi!
Thanks for replying .

No there's two different throttle bodies (which I have unfortunately discovered through buying parts for the panda which don't fit.) Im pretty sure both versions of the throttle body have their own part numbers.

There's the common one, for most 2wd pandas. And then the rare annoying one I have which is only found in 4x4 and automatic pandas. It's got different wiring and they look surprisingly different.

So basically beware and look after the throttle body if you own a 4x4 or an automatic because this is some fresh hell finding one 😂😂😂
**** The ones compatible with other fiats like Punto etc is the common one. I can only find mine in pandas. I've tried looking at other fiats just incase.

Hi!
Thanks for replying .

there's more than 2

the 1.1 active pre 2009 is cable operated and a different opening shape on the inlet manifold for the idle control valve that isn't needed on the flyby wire

I am pretty sure the throttle body part number are missing from eper the last time I looked making it difficult to cross reference

As far as I can check the part number you have given is a standard throttle body for pre 2009 1.2 Panda and not specific to the 4x4

36smf6 magneti marelli

I don't have a Panda 4x4 or automatic but it is equipped with that throttle body.
I bought it in Italy last year for 90 Euro shipping included:
View attachment 407915

You can make an offer to the seller and check if he agrees.
It is not possible to find that piece anywhere, not even in China.
Luck with everything.
Thank you !

Do you have a link at all to the part on eBay? I've searched the sellers current listings and I can't see the throttle body on there.

I'm assuming maybe sold already ?

Try these two sellers who (I think) are accepting offers:

the fiat 500 throttle body is useless. I was searching and found nothing.
Perhaps there is the possibility of adapting the connections to the throttle body of the 500 or other models.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Try these two sellers who (I think) are accepting offers:

the fiat 500 throttle body is useless. I was searching and found nothing.
Perhaps there is the possibility of adapting the connections to the throttle body of the 500 or other models.
Thank you for taking the time to find the listings, unfortunately they don't post to England ( I get a red note come up on EBAY).

I've had some developments in the issue my pandas having which is indicating towards electrical I think, so hoping I don't need a new part. Like the issue goes on and off everytime you hit the accelerator in neutral which is super duper weird. Easing off the brake pedal also helps so I'm going to try get it plugged in again incase something else like a sensor is broken.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for taking the time to find the listings, unfortunately they don't post to England ( I get a red note come up on EBAY).
If you contact them directly they might be able to help you out.

I've ordered things from the US ebay which said no international delivery originally, but they accepted my order fine after I messaged them.

Fiat part in Italy are often ridiculously cheap. This job is sorted but it's likely an Italian supplier could have helped at reasonable cost. The issue will be delivery.

Hi!

I've had some developments in the issue my pandas having which is indicating towards electrical I think, so hoping I don't need a new part. Like the issue goes on and off everytime you hit the accelerator in neutral which is super duper weird. Easing off the brake pedal also helps so I'm going to try get it plugged in again incase something else like a sensor is broken.
You're in desperate need... for something you hope you don't need...

This thread has started with an assumption that you need a throttle body.
How did you get to that diagnosis? If you start from the beginning, with symptoms/fault, advice on cause and fault may be upcoming. Throttle bodies are rare, because they are not a normal replacement item.

Your reference to accelerator and brake pedal operation could point to an accelerator pedal issue, (more common with fly-by-wire), or a brake switch issue, (very common).

Back