Technical URGENT HELP NEEDED- rear drum fitting

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT HELP NEEDED- rear drum fitting

how do you set the friction adjustor, and what is it?

The thing you sit on the pin on the back plate that looks like a big washer on the shoe is the friction adjuster.

Basically there is a big hole in the shoes covered by the washer with a friction materila between the washer and the shoe.

Mount the shoes on the pins, as normal, then using a large screwdriver force the show towards the hub a wee bit at a time until the drum goes on.

Make sure you have removed the wera ridge, if not the shoes will never adjust back properly and the pedal will be really long.

Cheers

D

The thing you sit on the pin on the back plate that looks like a big washer on the shoe is the friction adjuster.

Basically there is a big hole in the shoes covered by the washer with a friction materila between the washer and the shoe.

Mount the shoes on the pins, as normal, then using a large screwdriver force the shoe towards the hub a wee bit at a time until the drum goes on.

Make sure you have removed the wera ridge, if not the shoes will never adjust back properly and the pedal will be really long.

Cheers

D

Or i use a hammer tap them till the shoes are centralised. (But i have been known to do stuff the 'wrong' way :p)

Ming

Just had exactly the same problem. Is your handbrake "elbow" moving freely? If not the two shoes can't get close enough to each other. Mine was seized solid on one side.

yeah we angle grinded the wear ridges on both sides...
just gonna let them bed for a few days, and if that doesnt sort it then im gonna take them apart and have another look..

and i had the same problem with the "elbow", was all siezed up, but loosened it and now its ok.

Back