Panda Urgent Help Needed Panda 2010

Currently reading:
Panda Urgent Help Needed Panda 2010

John Perry

Good morning
My panda 1.1 eco starts running rough and lack of power.
I changed spark plugs and it was good again for a short time.
The problem returned as before, I changed the Map Sensor, new leads, air filter, injector rail complete and now coil packs.

It’s been four weeks of highs and lows thinking this is it we’ve cracked it.
I’ve put a scanner on to clear engine line and the scanner comes up with misfire codes which makes sense when I’ve tried to drive it. I’ve cleared these codes when car is idle but code P0105 relating to the map sensor has been present throughout even though I’ve renewed it?

I cleaned out the breather pipe yesterday as discovered clogging as I done an oil change with engine flush and new filter but car is just the same and running rough and my wife is going potty without her car?

Any help greatly appreciated please???
Thank you

John

Attachments

• E747DBE7-043C-4739-B55E-5A45ABE9EF33.jpeg
    E747DBE7-043C-4739-B55E-5A45ABE9EF33.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
the P0105 comes up because there is a mismatch in expected data vs actual data

as you accelerate, coast the expected changes in pressure aren't seen by the sensor

There several possibilities for this. The power or ground supply to the sensor. The throttle body not working correctly and so on.

by far the most likely is the sensor can not measure the change in air pressure passing it because air is entering the system somewhere downstream.

visual inspection. check the condition of the pipe under the air filter. The air filter is sitting on the throttle body correctly.

did you fit an original MAP sensor. I have never had a problem using bosch ones but it may need recalibrating

Cant remember the exact procedure its not too critical. Involves disconnecting the MAP staring the car, reconnect, clear the codes and then start the car and let it idle for a few minutes

I normally chase vacuum leaks with WD40. If you spray the joints and its leaking as the WD40 gets sucked in the engine revs will change.

Manifold air leaks usually cause the engine to fast tickover. The additional air causes the ECU to add more fuel so the engine wont tick-over or takes longer than normal for the revs to drop when you take your foot off.

If you have not already done it, strap the engine ECU cable connector with zip ties. Bad connections are a known issue in the 1.1 connector.

Hello
Thank you both for your knowledge.
I was doubting the part I bought.
I did notice that the breather pipe that attached underneath the air filter doesn’t have a clip or jubilee, whereas the other end entering the rocket cover does?

Is that normal, we’ve had the car from new but never noticed ?
Thank you again

Somebody mentioned doing a electrical test on cables?
How would that be done to make sure no breaks in map connectors or other sensor connectors ?

Thank you

one a 5V ref and one ECU ground. Back probe with a tee pin. Best with a oscilloscope to see how clean the signals are but a Multimeter with negative probe on the batteries negative terminal will give a Good indication

5V ref and ground are shared with other sensors. Unless there is some physical damage to the spur it unlikely.

Personally check the ground and supply before changing any sensor as its quick and easy for me.

Its rare for one to fail. After all I believe they have a lifetime warranty

What’s easiest to test map sensor with multimeter I’m a novice at this point and appreciate simple instructions if possible please ?

Thank you kindly

Back