Technical Urgent help needed fiat Seicento how to replace radiator fan only?

Currently reading:
Technical Urgent help needed fiat Seicento how to replace radiator fan only?

Fiatdude777

Hello Fiat forum members,

I´m from the Netherlands and have already searched, high and low to find the help i need on Dutch forums... No help to be found sadly.

I need to replace the cooling fan of the radiator on a FIAT SEICENTO / 600 (187_) | 1998.01-2010.01 - 1.1 Is it possible to replace it without having to remove the entire radiator?

I have found footage on how to do it on a PUNTO which looks fairly easy, problem is i can´t find and guides on how to do it on a Seicento.... Can anybody provide me with a step by step instruction on how to do it? (If it´s even possible).

Again i don´t want to remove the entire radiator but only the fan on top, just to replace it with new fan because well it´s dead... Sensors seem to be working because heater still works... The fan made a rumbling sound and died/stopped turning...

I sincerely hope that someone is willing to help me.

Cheers! And thanks in advance! :)

I don't have a step by step guide to swapping the fan but it is possible to change without removing the radiator I did mine a year ago and it is a bit fiddly but certainly doable

Hi,I assume it will be very much the same as a Cinq,I had removed my radiator fan with it's base from my Cinq for repair without removing the radiator,you need to remove the wheel arch plastic cover to work easier.

I don't have a step by step guide to swapping the fan but it is possible to change without removing the radiator I did mine a year ago and it is a bit fiddly but certainly doable

Hi,I assume it will be very much the same as a Cinq,I had removed my radiator fan with it's base from my Cinq for repair without removing the radiator,you need to remove the wheel arch plastic cover to work easier.

Wow very quick reply guys! I figured as much but was really unsure on how to do this... Seems a reasonably doable task to accomplish!

P.S.

Is it a common thing for the fan to die at certain point?

Thanks again for helping me out!!!(y)

UPDATE:

Well replaced the fan and everything seems to be working again, on little problem though we forgot to transfer those rubber anti-vibration tabs from the old fan, onto the the new fan... Can´t imagine it being a serious issue? And because it was fiddly as heck...

And we already remounted everything (fan, mudflap, wheel) we decided to leave it be... But if anyone disagrees let me know please...

Will post some pics asap...

Thanks again for all the fantastic help!(y)(y)(y)(y)

Rubber anti-vibration tabs are there for a reason,all the fan assembly is on the rad and the rad is screwed on the chassis,the less tough material absorbs most vibrations,if the rubber is missing then is your aluminum on your rad,that metal does not like vibrations very much.
Unless you have a perfectly balanced fan that you don't feel it when is on even slightly,I suggest to put them back.

Rubber anti-vibration tabs are there for a reason,all the fan assembly is on the rad and the rad is screwed on the chassis,the less tough material absorbs most vibrations,if the rubber is missing then is your aluminum on your rad,that metal does not like vibrations very much.
Unless you have a perfectly balanced fan that you don't feel it when is on even slightly,I suggest to put them back.

Thanks for the amazing help brother... I was too busy to reply earlier! Yeah the fan seems quite stable, we also have very smooth flat roads in the Netherlands so i don´t think it will be a huge problem. But i will keep an eye out for it and see how it develops...

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Back