Technical URGENT! Clutch failure

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT! Clutch failure

will04

I know iv said is the clutch but im not sure, on the way home lost all abilty to use the clutch, the pedal can be pressed, it goes into gear but just feels like its not engaging so the clutch pedal is stuck all the way in, does anyone know what this could be?

your description is confusing like someone yesterday saying tapping the throttle body caused an engine to start
anyway

get an assistant to check whether the clutch slave cylinder on top of the gearbox is moving as you push the clutch pedal
confirm it is pushing the clutch fork
confirm with engine turned off and handbrake off that if you put the car in each gear you can or cannot push it

reason i ask all this is quite often the gear selecter cable breaks and you assume its going in gear when actually it isnt (proved by the pushing in gear trick)

does that help?

cheers, sorry didnt mean to sound confusing , just that ill try what you've said however it was driving through the gears and then if i applied too much gas then it would rev up, little bit of gas it was just ticking along in the gear if that makes sence

cheers, sorry didnt mean to sound confusing , just that ill try what you've said however it was driving through the gears and then if i applied too much gas then it would rev up, little bit of gas it was just ticking along in the gear if that makes sence

Assotain what S+B said first

Engine off - put the car into gear 1 - Handbrake off, see if the car rolls (stick foot out door to move car)
If it moves - not in 1st gear

Repeat for all gears

As you need to know if its going into gear - to prove that when you say its revving up its because its not in gear if that makes sense?

Ziggy

Back