Technical Uprated Pump???

Currently reading:
Technical Uprated Pump???

I found out why the turbo was running out of fuel.. still running the standard pump :(

Anyone know if a punto turbo one will fit or any ideas on another pump which will deliver enough fuel?

Thanks Theresa

Its back at MJS at the mo,iam just trying to find a quick way of sorting it as i want it sorted so i can get it set up asap.
It could be there some time if they have to work out what will actually fit.

Thought there might be somone on here who may have had to do somthing similiar.
Thanks for the offer dave il keep it in mined (y)

Theresa

electric external ones i am thinking of are multi fit, they are just like a round cylinder with 1 pipe in an 1 pipe out, there was a guy looking for 1 up my mates yard the other day, i am up there tomorrow i'll ask up there see what they say.

EDIT smokeme on here may be best bloke to ask on here, he does some pretty unsual conversions, there might be something on his site http://smokeme.coconia.net/Smoketech_home.htm

punto pump pic

Attachments

• punto pump.jpg
    punto pump.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 114
Hi,
A Sei MPI pump should be a straight swap and be the high pressure type your looking for.. :)

Thanks
Paul T

You need that sorted ASAP as fuel starvation on a turbo car leads to detonation which melts pistons! integrale fuel pumps are variable in pressure as its a proper homolgation item, standard it runs 2.5bar, but if you up the boost ie with a chip, you up the fuel pressure to 3.2bar to stop detonation, AFAIK Cinq pumps only have 1bar of fuel pressure so the engine has to match this requirement, this is where the add on turbo sytems are good as they work with this pump no worries. Due to the price of the connectors tho (over£100 as they break as they get brittle with age) I would not go the integrale pump route unless you can get decent connectors with the pump, but I would go aftermarket look here http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/

Aaron

I forgot to add in my earlier post but too high a fuel pressure leads to bore wash, this is where the fuel actaully washes the piston walls causing massive ware when the pistons move up and down as they are not lubricated ,which means you then lose compression, burn oil etc etc end of engine, make sure that the pressure you use match's the engines.

Aaron.

I might be wrong but when MJS done the test on the fueling iam pretty sure the pressure was there but the cinq pump doesnt flow enough of the go faster juice.

The cinq was there 1st thing monday and i have'nt heard from them yet'just hope no news is good news.

Hi
I`ve got a brand new facet fuel pump(it`s a solid state one,little tiny gold box with red sticker on it) at my garage,my dads boss bought three for his speed boat and never fitted them)
If it`s of use make me an offer.
Cheers
Adrian

Best option in my opinion is to install a complete MPI fuel tank, that way the pump is already better and is bolt on.

I always use inline pumps but these are noisy compared to in tank pumps but flow more.

Thanks for all the ideas,ive spoken to MJS today and they think they have found a pump which is a direct fit.
So fingers crossed i can let you know next week if its all sorted out.
Then time for the rollers :D

Back