Technical Uprated Injectors?

Currently reading:
Technical Uprated Injectors?

Well starting to get a headache already... :(

Delving into the dark and mysterious world of fuel injection :eek:

Basically doeas anybody know what Injector is used on the VA turbo kits for the 2nd injector?

Also i'm presuming that the cinq fuel pumps can handle this? As I had a quick chat with Aaron (J333EVO) and he thinks his pump is standard....

Any other info anyone has remotely linked to this topic please post away :)

Matt, The MF2 is the injector driver...the injector might be made by a completely different manufacturer..

Mine was originally an 1108 low boost setup, using a green coloured injector which I understand is from a Sierra Cosworth. The fuel pump is standard, even on high boost turbos they didn't touch the pump.

To probably read too far into this...

Presuming most injectors are driven in the same way (PWM signals - ratio of the time the signal is +ve against when it is zero - determines how far they open \ how much fuel is squirted)...That would logically mean the only thing that matters is the injector impedance (High or Low) and flow rates.

Cheer guys...

Yeah I know about the MF2 but shouldn't need one unless running a second injector...

Pete- I saw some Cossie ones cheap so might just get them and see what happens :eek:

AIJ29 said:
Jamie
You could always use a punto turbo fuel pump if you need to increase the flow.
Cheers
Adrian

is that an easy swap to do?

would that coupled with cossie injectors result in overfueling slightly?

how would the ecu handle this? been told if u get it overfueling then it will spin it nuts off giving error codes all over the place!

bloomfieldliam said:
So in English Tom, you mean an injector with similar values from any car would work?

Liam

Yeah. Id guess so...Problem is, its a ridiculously optimistic guess

jamie86 said:
Cheer guys...

Yeah I know about the MF2 but shouldn't need one unless running a second injector...

Pete- I saw some Cossie ones cheap so might just get them and see what happens :eek:

Hi Jamie,

Just back home from sunny Corsham, will def drop by yours the week after next as I have 2 exams next week, so should really get some study done :(

Anyway just be sure when buying 2nd hand injectors you get the correct impedance on them. I know that Cossie and integrale green injectors are different impedance although same flow rates, and therefore not interchangeable. Best thing is I'll get the code off my green injector tomorrow and post the code up for you. :D

Aaron.

Right mate been and looked at said green injector. It has on the side of it a funny little D symbol thing with 060 next to it which I believe may be flow and then a long number 0280 150 355 which I have no idea what that is but I think you can cross referance that sopmewhere as its a Bosche injector.

For the record when I had a few problems after transplanting engine we tried a black injector from a MG Meastro and that worked fine, just have no idea if its uprated or not cos a higher flowing injector will flow in bursts whereas an injecotor with lower flow will be on constant, thats the way I have picked up on it with folk talking about uprated injectors on integrales.

Yeah I think 060 is the flow rate...

I worked out that if I was running 120bhp i'd need 73 so that sounds pretty close to me..

Not sure how nitrous affects fueling??? :confused:

jamie86 said:
Yeah I think 060 is the flow rate...

I worked out that if I was running 120bhp i'd need 73 so that sounds pretty close to me..

Not sure how nitrous affects fueling??? :confused:

No idea, NOS is for pufs tho is it not?

Anyway heres a pic of it if it helps
Imola_mods_0011.jpg

J333EVO said:
You sure, it doesn't slacken that hole! Thats why dentists used to use it as it relaxes the muscles, meaning it opens all orifices, lol!

That's only when you breathe it in directly...

let me know when ur behind me on the strip and i'll give you a blast ;)

Anyway cheers for that mate :)

Back