I did post on this sometime back on the exact method that worked for me.
Hope this helps:
JoinedFeb 18, 2020Messages45Points60
Just updating on this, I've now managed to update my maps successfully to the most recent version (Sept 2021) from the Mopar website.
I had a few issues in getting this to work and what worked for me eventually was the process below:
1. I used a 64GB USB stick (minimum requirement is 32GB even though the files are much smaller in size)
2. Format USB stick to ex-FAT
3. Download all map files AND the licence
4. Copy the actual map files and licence file straight onto the USB, using no folders (I think there were 5 or 6 files in total)
5. Start the car and then turn on the radio
6. If you have a reversing camera, make sure you are ready to drive forwards and don't need to reverse, as this seemed to interrupt the update on my car
7. Insert the USB stick into the port
8. Wait a few seconds and then go into the Nav option on your screen
9. The system then recognises the update software on the USB and asks you if you'd like to proceed
10. Mine took about 80 mins to update (I have the 7 inch screen on my Tipo) so make sure you have a long drive planned
11. At the end I received a message to say the update was successful
Hope this helps others that want to update their map software.