General Uno Turbo.

Currently reading:
General Uno Turbo.

BravoSpeed

Bascily here we go.

I bought a MK1 Uno turbo 1.3 IE engine the other week to drop into my bravo 1.2 sx

The new engine has no power steering pump, Ive thought about putting an electric pump from a 106 or something to power the steering as ive heard that I cant pass MOT with a PAS Rack just blanked off. Ive thought of the option of a manual rack, But i have no idea which rack will fit my bravo as they dont make a manual rack for the bravo!

Secondly.. Will I be able to run the engine on my bravo running gear? As I'd rather not change the gear box etc.. I do have all the hubs drive shafts and box for the new uno engine, also if thats the case will thge bravo shafts be suited to the uno turbos gear box?!

any suggestions please.

Cheers.

Ps. Same post is on the Bravo forums

Andy.

Anything is possible. But it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

The Uno T engine was mated to either a Strada gearbox or latterly to the Tipo gearbox.

Someone else on here will be able to tell you how compatible the 1.2 Bravo box would be with either one of the above.

That said, I wouldn't be too convinced as to how much power the 1.2 box can take. Compared with the 70hp(?) of the 1.2 unit, you're Uno T engine is pushing a lot more, and tuned up it'll push more than double your 1.2 unit.

With reference to PAS, I wonder whether you'd need to gain a steering rack from an Uno T, and forego powersteering altogether? A Punto GT engine, gearbox and rack, might've been easier, as the PGT comes with PAS.

Sounds like a complicated project.

:)

Mk1 uno turbos have a great habit of tearing the strada gearboxes a new orifice, esp on the third gear

hence the introduction of the tipo gearbox, which seemed to be a bit beefier and able to handle the extra oomph

as for the brava's box, no idea how strong and capable it is

Back