General uno turbo seats

Currently reading:
General uno turbo seats

distortionrockets said:
i just paid £120
for mk2 uno turbo seats in exellent condition, front and back seats with subframes etc.

is that a good price? :confused:

Thats sounds pretty expensive to me. I suppose it depends if you needed them urgently or not. I paid £20 for a mint passenger seat recently and I'm sure I could of had the whole interior for £50! Is this the set on ebay you have bought?

yea they were on ebay.
the guy is willing to post them to me tho so thats good :)
as i have no way of getting there.

i am pretty despirate for them, i cant stand the standard tartan seats i have!

does anyone have an idea where to get the front bits of the head rest from a cinq sporting?

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2678&cat=all

you can see what i mean from that link.

obviously im not gonna find them from a scrapyard, cinq sportings are a rare find there.

Well,
At least you're getting good quality!
I've never seen any Mk2 Uno Turbo seats in less than perfect condition. I think they must have had a big stir-up over the abysmal durability of the Mk1 Turbo seats... Someone ordered that they use a Volvo-style tweed/check material for the Mk2... :)

Nah only kidding, the main thing is that they will probably outlive the rest of the car. Mk1 turbo seats fall apart before the air filter needs changing...

If it's a 60/40 split rear seat, and you haven't already got a split rear seat, remember to get the pin that connects the two bases together and bolts onto the bodyshell - you'll probably have to drill another hole for fixing it, or use some nuts and washers.

£120 - Some people spend that sort of money on a dump valve (just to make that special noise), so I don't think it's too much to pay for the best Uno seats in existence...

Tell you what though, have you tried asking if you can get the rest of the Turbo interior 'thrown in free'? ;)

-Alex

Last edited:
should be pretty simple to fit, after ive done the boot lock :)

"experienced dads" are always useful in fitting car parts too! (best tool in the box) haha.

he was selling the dash too but that would be much to hard to fit. and he attempted to sell be the door cards he had. i have a 5door so rear ones wouldnt fit. anyway the standard ones arnt that bad!

distortionrockets said:
should be pretty simple to fit, after ive done the boot lock :)

"experienced dads" are always useful in fitting car parts too! (best tool in the box) haha.

he was selling the dash too but that would be much to hard to fit. and he attempted to sell be the door cards he had. i have a 5door so rear ones wouldnt fit. anyway the standard ones arnt that bad!

fronts wouldnt fit either....

distortionrockets said:
i just paid £120
for mk2 uno turbo seats in exellent condition, front and back seats with subframes etc.

is that a good price? :confused:

Don't mean to rub it in, but I went to pick up a turbo anti-roll bar last year and the guy was scrapping the mk2 turbo it came from. He let me have all the seats, the door panels, electric window motors, trim bits and a whole host of other bits and pieces for an extra £20 :eek: (y)

But as Alex said, though £120 seems a lot some people will pay that for a dump valve. And the mk2 seats are made to a much higher standard compared with the mk1 seats, so if they're immaculate it's still a good upgrade for £120. Compare that with how much would it cost to buy new aftermarket seats - it's a bargain!

Mind you, though the mk1 turbo seats were poor quality and fell to bits, I actually prefer the styling of them to the mk2 seats... The mk2 seats look more 'normal', and like the rest of the interior of a mk1 turbo the older style seats look more retro and individual. And there am I about to fit mk2 turbo seats into my mk1... :eek:

Only thing to watch on mk2 turbo seats is that the seat tilt handle can stretch its cable and then the handle stops working. Also, the foam on the lower side bolsters can break up or become distorted leading to you having a metal bar pushing into the side of your leg. I have both these faults on my turbo drivers seat :( But it shouldn't take much to put the problems right, and I WILL get round to fitting the damn things into my Uno when I get a chance.

Anyway, good luck with fitting the seats!

Chas

bloody hard to fit the seats
the subframes were bent!
but i think that could have been my fault due to thinking it would be fun to sit on them before they were in the car! oops...

just waiting to recieve the rear seats today!

Back