General uno turbo cheeky cinq

Currently reading:
General uno turbo cheeky cinq

CalluM

hi new to the site (y)

i will get stright to the point im looking to do a uno turbo cinq is it possible? i need to know what exactly is needed, what shafts are sutible, brakes, suspenstion, engine mounts, loom, wiring the lot could u please tell me what exactly do i need if i do start to do it i will have a full uno turbo ready to be striped and a cinq waiting.

do i need to cut the bulkhead? i dont no mucha about fiat (as i have a corsa redtop :slayer: ) lol but i was wanting to make a wee street sleeper in the shape of a cinq and a think they are funny looking cars lol any help i can get will be great cheers Callum!

the main thing that i am wanting to know is the shafts, with the uno ones fit or can i get away with the cinq ones, what about hubs uno or cinq? same with mounts.

i will get it to fit (trust me) and the wiring if i can do it i kno someone who will. with the uno brakes fit under cinq wheels? and is there thing i really need to watch out for? cos it seams a easy enough job to do.... so i think anyway lol

You'll need to actually make the car wider as it wont physically fit so choping of the structure of the car will have to be done...

Also the drive shafts will need to be custom ones as would be too long...

Umm might as well just use UT brakes if your getting the hubs etc makes it all easier

how much wider? have you got anyone in mind that will do the shafts?

UT brakes will fit under 13" wheels,same size as cinq's but vented
PGT brakes will fit under 14" wheels,254mm IIRC as apposed to240mm dia, and they can be vented or solid. depends on calipers.

Some one out there will make shafts.look into racing and comptiton shaft makers.
I know someone used to make titanium ones for minis,along with loads of other titanium parts,like hubs,arms etc. but the cost was hurendus

TBH I would keep the UT engine in the Uno - unlike redtop installs, not a lot of UT engined Cinqs have been done, so all of the mounts etc will be all one offs (which isn't the case where redtop Corsas/Novas are concerned). Also, AFAIK no serious metalwork is required to redtop a Corsa/Nova but one of the inner wings on a Cinq needs cutting to clear the lump and gearbox.

As Arc said, it'll more than likely handle awful - one guy spent 18K on UTing his Sei (that 18K bought other mods besides) and that was his description of the handling - the lump is just too heavy compared to the standard Cinq lumps.

Its too heavy, unless you counterweight the other end of the car. Which is self-defeating really.

Mid mount RWD is sensible though :)

what about putting a coupe engine in. if yous say its to heavey for a UT in the front and that it would be better Mid engined then i have unlimited space (within reason) would it be better rwd or 4x4 (panda) thinking about making a track/ 1/4 mile car now

what about putting a coupe engine in. if yous say its to heavey for a UT in the front and that it would be better Mid engined then i have unlimited space (within reason) would it be better rwd or 4x4 (panda) thinking about making a track/ 1/4 mile car now

Coupe 20v would be a tight squeeze but not impossible in mid mount.

Id go RWD only as the Panda 4x4 diff is too weak for anything above 150Nm I think.

my mind has went on a wonder now that u have said why stick to fiat lol gonna look for somthing rwd i have a bmw 328i sitting waiting on me if i wanted it but i cant go down the line of e.g cossy cos thats too dearand its a waste of a cossy engine to see it in a cinq lol :D do u think a beemer rear axel would go on with a bit of tarting up? just get the arches to stick right out :slayer:

do u think im made of money lol i was wanting to do a uno turbo at 1st because i cld get one for £300 and i can get a cinq for £100 on a p reg so thats £400 so far was really only wanted to spend no more than 2k as i would weld and do the fitting my self.
but maybe i will hold out a while until i get a good engine for cheep i wuld also like to know if any1 has went down the line of a 2ltr cinq and than they could show me pic or whatever as i could base alot of the work on the one already done

do u think im made of money lol i was wanting to do a uno turbo at 1st because i cld get one for £300 and i can get a cinq for £100 on a p reg so that would be £400 so far, was really only wanted to spend not much more than 2k as i would weld and do the fitting my self.
but maybe i will hold out a while until i get a good engine for cheep i would also like to know if any1 has went down the line of a 2ltr cinq and that they could show me pics or whatever as i could base alot of the work on the one already done

Back