Uno Uno Mia 2001 Fuel Heavy

Currently reading:
Uno Uno Mia 2001 Fuel Heavy

Jadelaoch

Ok so I've searched the NET high and low for help with my Uno. It's supposed to be lite on fuel but it guzzles juice like a drunk on a a drinking spree. :bang:

I've had the carburetor looked at, fuel lines, leaks etc. and nobody can find anything wrong. A quarter tank on less than 24 km (don't ask the mileage please).

I've opened the hood smell no fuel near the engine or carburetor but while driving I can see the needle drop and smell fuel. It reeks of fuel close to the driver's side and no marks on the floor while letting the engine run or after driving off. I am going insane now and I do not want or cannot afford to sell my UNO now. HELP PLEASE.:cry:

Hi, and welcome to FF,

does the engine temp gauge work ?,
the engine should be warm( to half-way) in around 5 minutes (10 mins MAX) of driving_

if it takes ages to warm up , then it's probably the thermostat that's stuck open..meaning the car thinks it's stone cold and adds LOTS of fuel to aid the "warm-up" ,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

It takes approx 15 minutes on a cold morning then it starts warming up. I just had the carburetor repaired and it still does the same thing. I literally drive a half a tank on less than 80km per week. I can spot no leaks anywhere. The problem is this happens even while driving. I drove a but further during the weekend and noticed it was doing ok, not as well as it should do but filling it up every 2nd week is costing me an absolute fortune.

Hi Charlie,

It takes approx 15 minutes on a cold morning then it starts warming up. I just had the carburetor repaired and it still does the same thing. I literally drive a half a tank on less than 80km per week. I can spot no leaks anywhere. The problem is this happens even while driving. I drove a but further during the weekend and noticed it was doing ok, not as well as it should do but filling it up every 2nd week is costing me an absolute fortune.

change the thermostat + housing,

cheap and easy job on your car,
should pay for itself in fuel saved quite quickly,

charlie

Back