General Uno Central Locking

Currently reading:
General Uno Central Locking

Turbo Tim

The central locking on my UT is up the spout, please could anyone advise what the problem may be?

Also, although I have been using the key for years, I still have the electronic push-button fob. This used to work fine, but then just stopped one day. I remember the local Fiat dealer at the time wanting stupid money for a new one, so I kept hold of it anyway. It would be great to get it working again, so if anyone has any suggestion, I would be grateful?

I had a problem with mine a while back. What happens is, the mechanism gets a bit rusty (on a fiat??? never!!! :eek: ). This makes it harder to move and eventually it gets to the stage where its been moved so little the switch kicks in and pulls it back down.

Remove the door card and spray some WD40 onto the mechanism. Worked wonders for me.

Another thing to check is the fuse, which on the mk1 is on the drivers side.

WD 40 is wonder spray (y)
You can also check cables (12V) which are connected to switch

my uno never had the remote control when i bought it, although the sensor is in the roof for it. Any idea how much it wud cost to get a repacement remote? I think it may be cheaper to get an aftermarket system maybe..

Back