Technical Uno 999 swap to 1242 8v problem

Currently reading:
Technical Uno 999 swap to 1242 8v problem

Uno45

Hello,
I’m new to the forum. I have a fiat uno 45 999 fire from 1989 with a carburetor. I’m currently swapping in a 1242 8v spi engine from a Lancia Y from 1998. The 1.2 is (temporarily) mated to the original uno 4-speed transmission. I’ve connected everything from the 1.2-wiringloom that is necessary to make the engine run (at least I think so). The wiring is temporarily hanging out of the engine bay. Because the car originally had a carburetor, I’ve put the fuel tank from the 1.2 beside the car and connected everything as it would have been originally.

The problem is that the engine has no spark or fuel. This can mean two things or the engine needs some more wires connected. Does anyone know if it needs the sensors on the gearbox? My second guess is that it has an immobilizer and cuts it off. Can somebody confirm that these Lancias have the same immobilizer as the punto? I’ve read a lot about these immobilizer and I think it would be best to get rid of it. I saw that some people make performance chips to delete this. Is there still someone making these?

Personally I would have kept the carb'. One from a VW Polo or Golf (Driver) would fit the 999 manifold and be jetted to suit the 1242.

Back