Technical uno 1100 to turbo..

Currently reading:
Technical uno 1100 to turbo..

ROMKA

hello i am new in this forum!
sorry on may bad english..

so i have uno 1100 and i want to upgrade it to turbo ..
What i need to do??

i've wanted to start a thread like this .. i want to know also if it would be a big trouble to move an uno turbo engine to 1.0 ie

ToMi` said:
i've wanted to start a thread like this .. i want to know also if it would be a big trouble to move an uno turbo engine to 1.0 ie

As far as I know the engine mounts are different in 1.0 and 1.3/1.4turbo.

hey there,

the engine mountings are in exactly the same place for the uno turbo and other models so the engine will fit in no problem.

to transplant a uno turbo engine to your 1.0 or 1.1, you will need the following :-

ut engine
ut gearbox
ut ecu
ut wiring loom
basicly everything under the bonnet
ut drive shafts
ut front hubs
ut discs and calipers
ut dash
ut steering rack (as its a quick rack)
ut rear discs if u want to do the rear disc conversion
ut rear calipers
ut petrol tank
ut reserve tank
ut fuel pump
a gearbox plate off a ut

basicly, there is ALOT of difference between a standard uno and a turbo uno.

not impossible, but its just like me reshelling, alot of work and not something you could do in a weekend

hope this helps

Dunc

it's a direct and easy swap, but alot of work, my advice go for a full front half, it includes all the parts u need and more, exept the rear brakes

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
hey there,

the engine mountings are in exactly the same place for the uno turbo and other models so the engine will fit in no problem.

to transplant a uno turbo engine to your 1.0 or 1.1, you will need the following :-

ut engine
ut gearbox
ut ecu
ut wiring loom
basicly everything under the bonnet
ut drive shafts
ut front hubs
ut discs and calipers
ut dash
ut steering rack (as its a quick rack)
ut rear discs if u want to do the rear disc conversion
ut rear calipers
ut petrol tank
ut reserve tank
ut fuel pump
a gearbox plate off a ut

basicly, there is ALOT of difference between a standard uno and a turbo uno.

not impossible, but its just like me reshelling, alot of work and not something you could do in a weekend

hope this helps

Dunc

what is the difference in the steering rack, what do you mean by it's a quick rack?

M@nticore said:
what is the difference in the steering rack, what do you mean by it's a quick rack?

A quick rack uses less turns to go from lock to lock. For example (not correct figures I know, just for example), a standard rack would take 3.9 turns of the steering wheel to go from far left to far right, whereas the quick rack would only take 3.

The idea is that you can move the steering in greater amounts quicker. The downside is that the steering becomes heavier (less leverage, so more force required to move it over a given rotation).

Thing is, I had no idea the standard Uno turbo had a quick rack :confused: I thought it had the same steering as all the other Uno's?

1986Uno45S said:
Thing is, I had no idea the standard Uno turbo had a quick rack :confused: I thought it had the same steering as all the other Uno's?

i was speaking to dunc awhile back about it, he said its 1 sell turn on the UT, my uno takes 5 complete turns lock to lock so the UT should be 4 according to dunc

Standard Uno is 3.9 turns lock to lock, Turbo is 3.4.

Have used both, can couldn't really notice much difference between the two, didn't bother keeping the one off the crashed SuperUno MkI since it made so little difference.

However changing my suspension to Leda front shocks, which alters the camber and caster to make the car much more pointy it is like yu have aquick rack since you need to turn the wheel less to get the same turning effect. Shame it sh*gs the tyres much quicker, i trashed two sets of front tyres ont the Lombard (<1900 miles).

so i would need as someone said the whole ut from the dash forwards. the thing is that i can get an ut for about 300€ but it's rusted all over pretty much. i don't know why but i kinda like the idea of having a 5 door uno turbo :devil: but on the other hand instead of doing all this i could just buy an alfa 155 q4 because atm there are 3 very good ones for sale :D what to do .. what to do ..

Dunc is right on the money of course; it can all be done, and it's all 'bolt-on' stuff (no welding/cutting to the structure). You should probably still consider/check out the insurance ramifications though.

As for the choice of buying an Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 - well, what can I say :) Of course it's going to be a lot 'more' of a car than the Uno - it was undoubtedly more expensive - whether you like the styling or not may be a deciding factor, and there's also the thought that the 155 Q4 will be an 'ordinary' 155 Q4, whereas your special hand-assembled Uno Turbo will always be a 'special'.

In the grand scheme of things, the 155 is still a fairly old car - the Uno is turning into a classic! In terms of 'gizmos for the money', comfort, speed etc. newer cars will usually outstrip the Uno, but the fact is that neither car is exactly 'new', so you may as well base your decision on more personal criteria: which do you feel would be more 'yours'? ;)

-Alex

And the Turbo racks have the pivot point for the gear change linkage.
Im doing a conversion on a met grey mk2 60S but had trouble getting the subframe back on so left it...........that was November! lol.
Pissed me off so its sitting in a garage. lol

Hi all, anyone interested to see my fiat uno? Its a 1.1 turbocharged with fuel injection ? my first car... so the work is a bit choppy considering i only Started working on cars When i bought her. Was 19 at the time.. so please excuse the bird poo welds ??

Attachments

• 4794034F-F470-4530-B5AB-2A49FE76F89F.jpeg
    4794034F-F470-4530-B5AB-2A49FE76F89F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
Back