Technical Uno 1.6 turbo GEARBOX Question.

Currently reading:
Technical Uno 1.6 turbo GEARBOX Question.

rafi

Hi All,

I have a Fiat Punto GT with 1.6 Turbo engine. I built this car for drag races. The engine is strong enough, but the body of the car is too heavy (1100kg with me).
Now Im intending to put the engine and the gearbox together into a lightweight Fiat Uno.

My question is, which type of Uno has the same engine and GEARBOX MOUNTS like Punto GT ?

Uno 1.0
Uno 1.1
Uno 1.3
Uno 1.3 turbo
Uno 1.3 diesel
Uno 1.4
Uno 1.4 turbo
Uno 1.4 diesel
Uno 1.5
Uno 1.7 diesel
... ?

Yes, I think the engine is relatively easy to fit into a non-FIRE uno but I dont know anything about how to fit the GEARBOX :confused:

One of my friends has a 1.6 8v lancia dedra in his 1.0 Uno and it was easy fitting with lot of space left under the bonnet:)

KHALooD said:
One of my friends has a 1.6 8v lancia dedra in his 1.0 Uno and it was easy fitting with lot of space left under the bonnet:)

Was this a twincam 8v or single cam? (I have a 1500 engine fitted in my uno, and would expect the 1581cc tipo 8v engine would be as easy), but the twincam would perhaps be a lot more work.

No Uno has the same mounts

you'll have to use an Uno turbo gearbox and turbo engine mount to make it a bolt in job. you can start with an Uno shell.

unoracer said:
Was this a twincam 8v or single cam? (I have a 1500 engine fitted in my uno, and would expect the 1581cc tipo 8v engine would be as easy), but the twincam would perhaps be a lot more work.

Single cam (y)

Back