General Unlucky Car?

Currently reading:
General Unlucky Car?

spacecowboy

Team eRotica
I'm starting to get the feeling that my GP isthe unluckiest car ever, certainly the unluckiest car I've ever owned!

The car will be 1 year old in about 3 weeks.. and I've had all the usual problems - loose drivers seat, squeeling breaks, whale noise breaks, knocking sound underneath, rattle inside door, some belt loose in the engine, peeling laquer from wheels, dead locks locked on and probably a few more things that I've forgotton - that everyone else has had, and I'm still waiting for some of them to be fixed...

But ignoring all of those usual things, I've also had 2 cracked windscreens in 6 months, a brick thrown off the A pillar about 4 weeks ago (still needs repairing) and a punchered rear left Bridgestone 2 weeks ago that needed replacing (128 quid). I've also kerbed the front left wheel twice and the front right wheel once.

Now, one of the jobs I had done last week was to have all 4 wheels refurbished because of the peeling laquer. The job was a good one, the wheels looked spot on and after and the full valet I splashed out on yesterday, the car looked like new...

...until this afternoon when I increased the number of times I've curbed the front left wheel from two to three, this time managing to take a chunk out of the tyre too :(

I'm driving to Keswick tomorrow so I'm praying there will be a tyre garage open on a Sunday morning somewhere in the Sunderland area? I can't afford another 128 quid for a Bridgestone so I guess I will have to go for an equivalent (and ask them to put it on the rear and move the Bridgestone to the front).

I'm starting to question whether I should keep the car... :cry:

i am of the same opinion as you i have had just as much bad luck with my car,although no kerbing,touch wood......1st of the fiat people damaged the front bumper bottom lip having it on show up on ramps before i even purchased the car,then it was keyed front drivers wing,then engine splash valance came off at speed scary that was,then a female smashed into my car 2months in the bodyshop it was there is still some snagging of the repairs to be done front bumper not fitted right,outside temp gauge to be fitted in passenger door mirror,alloy wheel total different shade that they renewed.thats not to mention all the fiat related problems i have had DOZENS,i love the car but time soon to say goodbye,going to replace it with a other gp a abarth ASAP,a lot of people told that red is a unlucky colour for a car there are 3 red gps that have been involved in crashs on this yous is red too doent that tell you something?????/does me:confused: :confused: :)

My GP Sporting is also red and I am coming to exactly the same conclusion... although I was always led to beleive that green was an unlucky colour for cars...

Since buying it new 6 months ago in Feb 2007,

1) It was keyed all down passenger side 24 hours after I got it
2) A week later a friend opened his car door on it and dented the drivers door
3) I kerbed a wheel for the first time in 17 years of driving
4) On saturday I stepped out of the pub to witness a pissed fat lezza deliberately punching the wing mirror and breaking the mirror glass along with 2 other cars. I chased her down the street where by pure luck there was a police car sitting with a crashed car awaiting recovery. She was arrested and is due in court today... bitch.:mad:

Anybody know how much it costs to replace the mirror glass on a GP sporting? The mirror housing isnt damaged and its not the heated mirror.

Has anyone noticed how every "incident" is a result of human incompetence/error/behaviour?

"usual problems" - human incompetence in making a quality product
"curbed the front left wheel" - human error
"fat lezza deliberately punching the wing mirror and breaking the mirror glass" - human behaviour

If colour/luck really did play a part, then perhaps you should either sell-then-buy another colour, or rid of it altogether.

Just my opinion :)

Has anyone noticed how every "incident" is a result of human incompetence/error/behaviour?

"usual problems" - human incompetence in making a quality product
"curbed the front left wheel" - human error
"fat lezza deliberately punching the wing mirror and breaking the mirror glass" - human behaviour

If colour/luck really did play a part, then perhaps you should either sell-then-buy another colour, or rid of it altogether.

Just my opinion :)
aren't we all human its the easiest thing in driving is to lose concentration and kerb a alloy wheel you only have yourself to blame.but when its out with your control that things go wrong continually undeservedly that's when circumstances prompt you to think the car is cursed in some way as i have come to believe.as for getting rid of the car i am just in the process of doing that.just waiting on fiat to release the god damn thing car that is:D

Back