Technical Unknown Issue with Fiat Bravo 2009 - 1.6 mjet 120 hp

Currently reading:
Technical Unknown Issue with Fiat Bravo 2009 - 1.6 mjet 120 hp

Targarium

Hello guys,

I have a Fiat Bravo 2009 1.6mjet as stated in the headline and I have the following issue from the first dayI bought it:

The engine starts very poorly and it takes 3-4 turns to start, after taking it to a repair shop that specializes in Italian cars I was told that there is a rubber thingy inside the oil pan that needs to be changed and that the problem was related to low oil pressure due to that rubber being disintegrated. The rubber seal was changed and nothing was fixed, same poor engine start. Then I went into the rabbit hole changing one thing after another, long story short:
-Changed the MAF sensor
-Changed the debitomer (or however its called)
-Changed all 4 glow plugs
-Did an oil flush 2 times in a matter of 5000 km~ (5w40)
-Removed both EGR & DPF

After all that was done to the car issue is still not resolved and engine started working poorly (rattles and vibrates like its going on a separate adventure and does not want the body of the car :D )

Also I might be fooling myself, but I think that when I do a cold start there is a little bit of oil smell from the back and a little bit of blueish smoke (I Know what that means, BUT....)

So before going on and dropping the entire motor out of the car, has ANYONE stumbled across such issue and what was the root cause?
Is it possible that the turbo is bad (car does not run very well), or the oil rings in the head are gone? I really dont want to think that the issue might be in the cylinder block (pistons, piston seals etc) because this would mean that the repair would be half the car cost, which is not really a viable option.

Kind regards,
Martin

Back