General Universal RPM Limiter

Currently reading:
General Universal RPM Limiter

supersei

Hey there, im intrested in putting in a universal rpm limiter just to make it cut before the factory 7100 limit..the majority of them are stuck to the rev limit ignition box or something similar...is this possible on a sei?
Fitting in something similar means that it will be hit abit more frequently..would this damage the engine?

Cheers :worship:

do the 1108 cut on fuel or ignition?..Cause the limiter has to cut just like the factory one right?

the ecu limiter still works but i find it useless to rev up that high and sometime or another i like hearing the limiter so..:devil:..its better if i fitted and aftermarket one and make it cut before for the engines sake..
As regards to mods ive only got a 42mm TB, cold air feed and a p75 cam to be fitted soon...so i dont think ill need to rev that high.

so if a buy an aftermarket one will i be able to fit it? as long as it does cut ignition and not fuel.

What RPM do you 1108cc FIRE unit's cut out at? My limiter in the 1108cc Panda kicks in at 6500 RPM.

Cinq Sporting limiter is set at 7200rpm!

supersei said:
the ecu limiter still works but i find it useless to rev up that high and sometime or another i like hearing the limiter so....its better if i fitted and aftermarket one and make it cut before for the engines sake..
As regards to mods ive only got a 42mm TB, cold air feed and a p75 cam to be fitted soon...so i dont think ill need to rev that high.

All that will do is eliminate the best working band of the bulk of those mods - the 42mm TB is too large really for a 1.1 so it'll require as much engine speed as you can throw at it to get the most out of it.

If you like hearing the limiter Id suggest that its best put on a CD - the one on the engine serves a purpose and is best left alone. All artificially limiting will do is waste the performance of the engine.

I can see where you are coming from, but this as an N/A engine and the standard cam will only allow a certain amount of air to be drawn in. The big TB is overkill, and will only make sense with a far lumpier cam than a P75. If it was a pressurised engine, then, yes the TB will allow more air through.

Mine gives max power at 7500 and has a 40mm TB. Even though mine has been balanced I have the rev limiter set at 7000, sacrificing a bit of power for longevity.

Cheers

D

oo ic...but this TB wasnt that bad...i felt a good improvement in torque..well it was an experiment which im happy with..Ok so i should be looking at a lumpier cam like a C&B right?:)

Mine gives max power at 7500 and has a 40mm TB. Even though mine has been balanced I have the rev limiter set at 7000, sacrificing a bit of power for longevity.

Thats a good point - Id expect the wear / damage to be governed in that situation by an Arrhenius or Power law - so a small increase in speed will increase the wear by a lot comparitavely

its from a punto sporting..some work involved because of the bolt pattern but thats all to it...BTW mine is an mpi thats why i did this.

yess thats what i would like it to be...what needs to be done to it? cam, lighter flywheel, ported?? what else?

Back