General Universal back boxes or direct replacement?

Currently reading:
General Universal back boxes or direct replacement?

Hello all,

just a quick one really -

I want to fit an aftermarket exhaust/ back box to my Cinquecento Sporting and I was wondering if fitting a universal one is too much hassle because although I have seen it done before- I have the Abarth skirts and 'bumpers' so I'm guessing it would be more difficult as there is less room and a small opening for the end of the pipe.

Basically, my question is - can it be done with the Abarth rear bumper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

DSC00586.jpg

The problem with the Abarth rear is the exit is in a slightly different place to the normal sporting (lower and further to the outside of the car) so you have to prat about with even the normal systems to make them fit properly. it has been done before though if you look for pictures of ghostwkd turbo he had a jap can fitted to that.

depends how much you want to pay of course, but always like ones that fill the whole opening on the Abarth rather than having a little pea shooter

Edit welcome to the forum by the way and remeber the search function will be your friend on here

Last edited:
ive done a universal before on a different car, but takes an hour or two, you have to cut down the hangers then generally use a flexipipe bwt £15 to attach them, if i remember correclty i got a 4" for £40.00 was really really loud, only downside is that as there not a direct fit your notice they tend to rattle a bit so you have to add a few rubber mounts

Thanks guys, I had a look at the original backbox on my Cinq and I reckon the only way to go with the space available is a direct replacement... But, I still might have a go at a universal fitment backbox. (y)

I was all ready to buy a universal backbox and have a local ETS garage cut and weld a 45 degree angle on the end so the backbox could run along behind the bumper and the end come straight out of the rear apron.

But, I had a few erm...slight... collisions so I had to use the money I had saved for a new bumper, rad, wing, etc...

I am still defintaly going to do it though, it should be a cheap and effective alternative.

Expect an update in a few weeks.

:slayer:

Note: I've written this out 4 times now, each time I touch the pad on the laptop it goes back a page.:bang:

Yeah, it's fine now - I still need another yellow wing, but other than that...

If I remember correctly, it's about £50 - £60 for a chop and weld at ETS, might be a little more though.

(y)

Back