Unidentified Subwoofer

Currently reading:
Unidentified Subwoofer

Ck3mp

Its Too Late!
I have my first sub in my car at the moment and its great!

But its sat in a sealed box taking up all the room in my boot and doesn't look very smart!

I am hoping to install it into the spare wheel "hole" in the floor of my mk2 punto.

The problem is I have no idea how much room it is going to need to work. Its a 1000w JBL sub but it has no other details on it what-so ever so I cant find a manual to learn from!

Its currently in a sealed enclosure.

Is there an average volume of enclosure I should aim for?

Are there many complications I havent thought through with this sort of install?!

Thanks
Chris

Its a 12"

I got the enclosure measurements too W 17 1/2", D 12", H14"
It has a slanted back too.

Thanks

your a bit limited in the wheel well, i'd aim between 1 and 1.2 cubic foot. also line the inside of the box with some wadding.

take a look at the thread "simplicity fiat stilo" in this section. i have my sub in the wheel well.

Just looked at that thread and its exactly what im lookin for!!
Looks very nice!

Would the shape of the enclosure matter, providing it has the correct volume?

What do you mean by wadding?

Thanks

I would stick with the box that you have if it built well and ported it sound Niiiiiiiice (Depending on slant though) Why compromise sound for space. Stick your shoping in the back (y)

Would the shape of the enclosure matter, providing it has the correct volume?

What do you mean by wadding?

Thanks

ummm being the wheel well, whatever shape you can get to acheive the required volume :p

seriously though, the biggest rectangular box you can fit till you meet the 1.1 or 1.2 cubic foot volume.

as for wadding, stuff it with tesco value pillow stuffing :idea:

The slant isnt very large. Its not ported but is very well built by the look of it.
I wasnt rele for space just to look cool haha

I might stick with the box just see how i can mount it in its box!

Plus be good to keep a spare wheel! haha

Thanks

ummm being the wheel well, whatever shape you can get to acheive the required volume :p

seriously though, the biggest rectangular box you can fit till you meet the 1.1 or 1.2 cubic foot volume.

as for wadding, stuff it with tesco value pillow stuffing :idea:

Cool thanks ill look into it.

Not sure if im just gonna keep it in its standard enclosure yet and just try mount that in the boot somewere.

Does the wadding make a diffrence to the sound?
I thought it would be restrictive in a way?

Thanks

Back